Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What gear do you regret purchasing the most?

What gear do you regret purchasing the most?

For me, it's my pioneer hdj-2000 headphones. They sound great and are very comfortable, but the leather (or whatever material it is) around the padding is coming off. You would think with such a high price tag, that wouldn't happen. Definitely wish I would have got something different. what gear do you regret buying?

Wow...i LOVE my HDJ-2000's, this is the first negative thing I've EVER read about them, but to each their own. The worst POS I've bought is my odyssey "Carbon Fiber" laptop stand...came rusted and would not bolt together and they wouldn't give me my money back...CRANE FTW! lol
    Music not only changes our mood, but it also changes the way we think and our perception of the world.

vestax lollipop headphone. it was shithouse in every way a headphone could be...

When I first started I didn't understand how the whole vinyl/computer set up work. I purchased two turntables and a mixer thinking I would download a software and buy some special vinyl and be good to go. I saw it didn't work like that and started purchasing vinyl. Realized how much it would cost to get a decent amount of music and said f*ck it and switched to digital.

A message to all beginner DJ's: Don't let your excitement to get started get the best of you, know what you're doing before you drop cash.

EV-ZXA1's Not terrible regret about it, but i out of all my gear i regret them the most. I spent a lot of money on loudspeakers that definitely get loud... but there is NO thump to them. Had to hook up a sub. At this point mind as well just sell them, save and get something bigger then 8" woofers.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    vestax lollipop headphone. it was shithouse in every way a headphone could be...

I'm seeing those kind of headphone(s) nowadays... New trend going on?
    Last edited by Chay; 02-08-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Grammar, yo.
    Untz untz untz.

old school trend trying to resurface maybe? I bought that vestax monstrosity some 4 or 5 years ago. Alot of the US house guys and detroit dudes love the lollipop headphone.

Behringer DJX-750 mixer. What a horrible piece of shit.

Anything Behringer, Gemini, Pyle Pro or any of that crap ive owned. It took me a while until I finally went it the right direction.

Korg Nanokey.