Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: House Classics

Quote Originally Posted by DennisBdrmDJ 2.0 View Post
    that bassline was originated in 1973 by a funk band called "Cymande",from it's classic track,"Bra"(and yes,it's my re-post)
    OK I've clearly lost my edge, I even have Cymande and love it too.

Anyways, back on topic.

Click here for mobile viewing.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I'll just leave this here, I grew up on that stuff

One day I'm going to go through this entire thread and probably find a load of tunes I love but never knew the name of.

Here's my addition to it, heard it on a Pete Tong essential selection and picked a copy up on viynl, judging by the comments on the vid is seems to have been quite rare a while ago.

It popped into my head the other day so I looked to buy a digital copy today. Found the club mix on Amazon which has slightly different intro and outro, and sounds like it's going to be much easier to fit naturally into a set.

* Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    One day I'm going to go through this entire thread and probably find a load of tunes I love but never knew the name of.
    Please,it can be educational....Please continue to contribute,..just be aware that there is a cut-off date,for this thread.House Classic's before 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisBdrmDJ 2.0 View Post
    Please,it can be educational....Please continue to contribute,..just be aware that there is a cut-off date,for this thread.House Classic's before 2001.
    I will do cheers I didn't realise the cut off date, makes sense though!
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctGJfcImqLw

By none other than Derek Jamerson: James Jamerson's son. (of Motown fame, one of the greatest bass players of all time.)

Sadly, he's no longer with us. His wife now runs an online radio station in dedication of him. If you want to hear more classic, you can tune in here: https://www.facebook.com/inmyhouse65 or http://www.inmyhouse65.com/

I got a chance to meet T.Carlita, and she's an amazing and genuine person. You'll never know who you'll meet or the stories you'll hear when you have the chance to hang out at Submerge.
    Last edited by monomer; 02-04-2017 at 02:28 PM. Reason: youtube link won't embed