Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your RCF ART 312A tops... What do you pair them with?

Question Your RCF ART 312A tops... What do you pair them with?

Ordering these this weekend. Still looking for ideas on subs. Going to be playing dancehall, soca, hip hop, pop, and top 40 stuff. I'm not so much asking what I should get for them. Since this has become a forum standard and a lot of you have them, I'd like to hear what you use with yours and how you like the sound.

Unless you are doing ridiculous sized events these speakers are unparalleled in their class and price range. I use a JBL prx 618 xlf(single), and for most applications I don't put them passed 50-75% power physically on the speakers. I've done med-large receptions 500 ish range with this setup and I don't really see any room for improvement for my current application of them, highs and mids push out clean and loud on the tops when the sub's filter is on, and the sub just pounds the bass frequencies so well. I tried the non XLF version and honestly it was just no competition they simply don't do the tops justice, the kw181 by QSC though small is exactly that small, not good as the XLF but better than the non XLF version.(all of the aforementioned is my personal experience and is subject to opinion) basically in my opinion if you can get a van for your gigs XLF is your sub no question, else Kw181 is your sub at sacrifice of some sound.

I use mine with a pair of LS720P's. Sounds good, sometimes I think the RCF's outrun them, (during near-limiting situations) but they're very good subs imo. With Yorkvilles 2 & 10 year warranty you can't go wrong. Just my input :p

I use an RCF ART-905AS and it pairs nicely with them. I bought the 15 when I was tight on transportation space but I doubt I will upgrade to an 18 since most of my gigs are 250 people or less indoor weddings.

LS801BP baby! Doing an outdoor carnival with them this Saturday!

Edit: What I like about the sub is that it can be set to loud, punch, and/or it can do both. For this carnival I'm going to have my RCF's on stands about 65 feet away from each other and the LS801PB set to "loud" rather than in the middle of "loud and rumble" or whatever the dial says. Fills space with a full sound better than one can ask
    Last edited by DYM; 05-16-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I would literally throw everyone that's under 18 under a bus.

I use LS801P subs with my ART522......great sounding combo.

I am running a DIY box with a 3015lf 15" @700watts and I have a pair of bargain basement 15" boxes I can add if I ever need to.
    The whole rig was about only $500 but not pretty. Growing a passive sub setup is probably cheaper than the active option.

Thanks for your input. Interesting...

I maybe went a little overboard with a pair of RCF 4PRO 8003-AS. When i upgrade the speakers, i'm still gonna be good with the subs.

I'd like to know how one 4PRO 8003-AS does with a pair of 312A's. I am thinking of going that route.
    Pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000 CD Players, Xone:92 Mixer. Pair of RCF-312A Loudspeakers and 1 RCF 4Pro 8003 18" Sub.