Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile "dj" questions

not a bad idea, but It will be very hard to find gigs that reflect your taste in music. as Mobile Djs we usually have to play what the crowd likes as well as add our own flavor to the mix. good luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by cvdeco16 View Post
    ^He said he's "more of a radio dj without the commentary." So, taking commentary out of the equation, the situations you mentioned may actually work well in a bar.

He also mentioned Little Steven's radio show, which has commentary.
    So my understanding was it would be like Underground Garage except perfomed live and not with Little Steve.
    And therefore the comment "For it to work you would have to be very engaging.."

So, a human jukebox? Why not just get a regular jukebox? .... That's what the bar owners are going to be thinking
    Patrick Sugarman, Sweet DJs Entertainment
    (p)313.587.9493, www.SweetDJsEnt.com
    Like us on Facebook!

If you can find the right place with the right atmosphere and the right crowd, it can work. What is "right"? Hard to say.
    Anywhere that would appreciate the fact that you are using real records because that's the only thing that will truly set you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by allenpa5 View Post
    So, a human jukebox? Why not just get a regular jukebox? .... That's what the bar owners are going to be thinking
    I'm in this camp.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

As I found out the hard way, there's a big difference in a radio DJ & a club DJ. Not all music is dance-able. Just cause its a good tune doesn't mean you can play it in a dance club. For example, I know CCR & The Eagles both had good songs that stayed at #1 for weeks... but they weren't dance-able. Radio is for listening... a club is for dancing. When you come out of live radio & go into a club, you gotta focus on that.

I always tell people: Just because a guy has "DJ" hung on the end of his name don't make him a wedding DJ. Your wedding aint a frat party.
    Neither does it make him a live radio DJ, nor a club DJ.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php