Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Rane MP2016 + XP2016 Expander

FS: Rane MP2016 + XP2016 Expander

I am selling a Rane 2016 Mixer with its Expander. This is the original version from 1999 with the better sounding, better feeling, and more durable black beauty pots. This mixer is the best sounding mixer I've ever heard for playing vinyl its warm without losing and preciseness or exactness in the sound. Every knob on the mixer and expander is smooth like butter but resistant enough to be perfect. The current version (MP2016a) uses inferior pots and a different button based instead of knob based cueing. Though the cueing is more in form of what today's industry standard is the original Bozak used the knob based cueing. The mixer has a few cosmetic blemishes but is all around in perfectly functional and still very beautiful looking. Rotary mixers are the best looking DJ mixers; it's a fact.

The expander offers EQs for each channel as well as a crossfader and most importantly a signal monitor. It is in good condition but it sounds as though the crossfader switches could use a good clean. Other than that hiccup the expander functions perfectly. The EQ knobs are wonderful and super amazing sounding, the cutoff frequencies are placed exactly where they should be.

I am selling because I bought this thinking the transition to rotary would be easy. It isn't quite for me, I dig linear faders, and I'm not willing to give up all the digital luxuries that my Ecler offers me. It looks rather amazing sitting on the shelf by my bed, but it hurts me to see it sitting when it could actually be in use by someone who's vibe is actually rotary. This combination of mixer and expander is the best, and most affordable way to get into old school house, balls to the wall, rotary mixing.

*Power and Ribbon Cables will be included.

Asking Price: 900 shipped

*accepting trade offers but I'm much more interested in cash. **updated**

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by LoveBass; 08-20-2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: forgot to include price

bump for a great price and great mixer was the first mixer i ever used dj'n in clubs so many memories
    MANU- Rule of thumb: can't get the eggs out of a pancake
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | EPK | Music Photographer! Portfolio | Photography Fanpage

900$?!?!?! Good lord, someone please buy this!

I'm salivating ALL over this right now. GLWS man

Hot damn that a sexy bitch!

One of my all time favorite mixers....

Right below the original UREI 1620 and right above the DJM-800 with Rotaries of course

Not enough pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

Thanks all for your kind words, hopefully that will manifest in a quick sale. To the pictures comment, yes I may have gotten a little carried away. . . its just so sexy
    For Sale: Rane MP2016+ Expander: http://tinyurl.com/7qfvxsb and Pair of M5gs Technics Hingeless Dustcovers: http://tinyurl.com/c6dm7o2

Better than the much more typical no pic post hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.