Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lights?

Black Lights?

Does anyone use black lights for anything in their setup? Does anyone think they could light up a facade made from white lycra?

I have quite a few lying around and I was seeing if there was any way I could incorporate them into my mobile setup.

Thanks in advance!

They're quite heavy and some don't have a very long throw, especially when other lights are being used. Never used it for mobile use, only a few found at fixed installs at schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rees
    Don't worry about it. Set them up, turn them on, listen to them, adjust if needed. No matter what you do, they're still going to sound like Eons

I also thought about putting it above my table where it would light up my mixer and my notebook pages/binder pages. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by kipperj View Post
    I also thought about putting it above my table where it would light up my mixer and my notebook pages/binder pages. Any thoughts?
    Try it, take pics and let us know
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I would literally throw everyone that's under 18 under a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by DYM View Post
    Try it, take pics and let us know
    Haha, I would have already, but I don't get as much time with my stuff as I'd like to. I was looking to get more creative than that, though. I'll try it out tomorrow and I'll definitely be looking for second opinions.

Are you specifically looking to use black lights as a light source atop your table?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I would literally throw everyone that's under 18 under a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by DYM View Post
    Are you specifically looking to use black lights as a light source atop your table?
    TBH, I didn't really have any specific ideas. It was the only thing I could think to do, which is why I came here to see if anyone else used them for anything else. Just trying to find some other options if they exist.

I've done blacklights mounted on upright trussing going onto the crowd. It was a large gym and it went pretty well but it took big industrial blacklights. I'm sure you could light up your booth somehow

Quote Originally Posted by kipperj View Post
    Does anyone think they could light up a facade made from white lycra?
    It would light up certain fabrics, you'd have to try it out. It would also light up any lint you have on your clothes unless your wearing a white shirt!

I use four ADJ Eco UV strips. Really easy to carry around in a rifle case, nice purple light along with the UV.