Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Advertising Sites for Mobile DJ's

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj View Post
    I'm tempted to move away from wordpress. It just doesn't give me the flexibility that I want to make it look how I want to - even with all the themes. I haven't built any webstructures since the invention of CSS though... so gonna be a huge learning curve, unless of course I find some simple program that makes CSS simple.
    CSS is simple... So is WordPress... use pagelines theme and customize your own website.... the good thing about wordpress or any other cms is the plugins help alot and Its fully customizable..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by knuhkles; 06-19-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Visit me @ www.blastdjcompany.com

I've yet to get a lead from random websites like discjockeys.com. Gigmasters was good for a couple of years, but it's been taken over by cheaper dj's that under bid apparently.

I upgraded to a paid advertiser on Wedding Wire 2 years ago. The first year wasn't that great. This year, I'd say about 70% of my bookings said they found me there. It takes reviews, and advertising there isn't cheap. I have a 2012 Bride's Choice Awards badge and some great reviews now, and bookings have really picked up. Last year I would have said it was a waste of money. This year, I'm glad I gave it another try.

Never advertised on The Knot. I have a few reviews on there, but their advertising rates are way too expensive for me... for the moment at least.

Stopped posting on Craigslist long ago. I used to get bookings on CL when my rates were cheaper.

Thumbtack sends me loads of leads but they're all like 2 hours away. I've yet to buy one.

My suggestion is trial and error. Different things work in different areas. Google advertising is good, I use up my $100 freebie each year, and spend a couple hundred bucks randomly through the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I upgraded to a paid advertiser on Wedding Wire 2 years ago. The first year wasn't that great. This year, I'd say about 70% of my bookings said they found me there. It takes reviews, and advertising there isn't cheap. I have a 2012 Bride's Choice Awards badge and some great reviews now, and bookings have really picked up. Last year I would have said it was a waste of money. This year, I'm glad I gave it another try.

Never advertised on The Knot. I have a few reviews on there, but their advertising rates are way too expensive for me... for the moment at least..
    I left Wedding Wire for The Knot this year... Man was THAT a stupid mistake!!!

EDIT... Back on Wedding Wire AND The Knot... Phone and email are ringing off the hook.
    Last edited by Sween; 03-13-2013 at 08:43 PM.

There is a part of wedding wire called event wire, it costs 36 a month more to be a part of. there's also a couple others like prom wire and babyshower wire etc. Are there any other sites not mentioned that aren't just for weddings?
    I won't deal with "bargain shoppers." If a customer calls me and thinks he/she can whittle down my price because DJ RectalSquirt is offering to DJ for $100 for the night, then he/she and DJ RectalSquirt probably deserve one another. -Badger

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieland DJ View Post
    I use:

Wеddіng Wіrе - (free account - ? never got a lead from them)
    Has anyone else got a paid account with them? Wonder if it's worth it. The saleswoman keeps calling me, claiming they're the best.

Freddie Lux
    DeLux Productions
    Last edited by MrFreddie; 05-03-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFreddie View Post
    Has anyone else got a paid account with them? Wonder if it's worth it. The saleswoman keeps calling me, claiming they're the best.

Freddie Lux
    DeLux Productions
    I do. I get the majority of leads from The Knot and WW. Paid on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sween View Post
    I do. I get the majority of leads from The Knot and WW. Paid on both.
    There is another one that claims to be "the best" mywеddіng, the lady keeps calling me too wants me to sign up for a year, similar contract as with wеddіng wіrе.

Freddie Lux
    DeLux Productions

I would like to have an account with Wedding Wire but they only do 1 year contracts & I wont do that with any of the sites. There are a couple other sites that usually want 1 year contracts but upon talking with them they normally work with me on a monthly basis. WW called me & we discussed it but they would not budge from a one year contract. What if I am with a company for 6 months & I get no calls?? Am I supposed to stay with them for a whole year? Absolutely not. If I haven't gotten a gig from a site within six months, I would have a hard time accepting that I need to continue to pay for another six months just to fulfill a year long contract. That's why I wont do it.

If its such a good site & it will do me so much good, sell me a monthly ad for 6 months & if I get enough response that justifies me continuing that agreement, then we both win cause I sure ain't going to leave if its paying me to stay there & advertise. I certainly wont commit to a 1 year contract when I have already been with them for 2 or 3 years (free ad) & never gotten even one call. I agree that most people who shop there may not even consider the non paid ad, but, I still wont commit to a yearly contract without knowing if its going to benefit me. I'll chance a 3 or 6 month contract but no way will I commit to pay you for a year, just on your word.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieland DJ View Post
    I would like to have an account with Wedding Wire but they only do 1 year contracts & I wont do that with any of the sites. There are a couple other sites that usually want 1 year contracts but upon talking with them they normally work with me on a monthly basis. WW called me & we discussed it but they would not budge from a one year contract. What if I am with a company for 6 months & I get no calls?? Am I supposed to stay with them for a whole year? Absolutely not. If I haven't gotten a gig from a site within six months, I would have a hard time accepting that I need to continue to pay for another six months just to fulfill a year long contract. That's why I wont do it.

If its such a good site & it will do me so much good, sell me a monthly ad for 6 months & if I get enough response that justifies me continuing that agreement, then we both win cause I sure ain't going to leave if its paying me to stay there & advertise. I certainly wont commit to a 1 year contract when I have already been with them for 2 or 3 years (free ad) & never gotten even one call. I agree that most people who shop there may not even consider the non paid ad, but, I still wont commit to a yearly contract without knowing if its going to benefit me. I'll chance a 3 or 6 month contract but no way will I commit to pay you for a year, just on your word.
    Thanks for putting this in perspective for me, Dixie. They called me yesterday and tried to sell me one a one year upgrade. I didn't like the idea of it then and I still don't. I told them I would think about it and to call me in a couple of days. I think I have my answer now.
    WillieB69