Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Advertising Sites for Mobile DJ's

I'm getting leads off of Thumbtack, however, it's 5$ a piece if i want to act on them.
    Been in this CRAZY art since 2003, Deep in the 719!
    Check out BPMPROCOLO online at: www.bpmproductionsofcolorado.com

Quote Originally Posted by djscrizzle View Post
    I'm getting leads off of Thumbtack, however, it's 5$ a piece if i want to act on them.
    I haven't gotten a bogus lead yet. But yea it's kinda expensive.

I'm looking into a referral-based partnership with some local wedding planners and event coordinators for all the banquet halls in the area. I'll be paying a good percentage per referral, but only if I land a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by windspeed36 View Post
    Its sort of been mentioned, but paying to list higher in the Google search results as opposed to just google advertising.
    I think this specifically should be added to the sticky. I don't do this for DJ stuff. But we do it for my tyre business and we're getting a lot more calls through this than we are from Google Ads

The guy that set it up for me showed me a big graph or where people click after a google search and very few were on the google ads. Ill see if I can find it and add it to this post.

Edit:

Exactly as you would expect I guess. people clicking mostly the top one.

Heres something ese i pulled from the same site

I think more than say 60% of people would search "DJ <city the person lives in>" or "Wedding DJ <city>" or some variation of that when they begin looking for a DJ. Of course that last line is a guess on y part but the images above show what happens when people hit search
    Last edited by Kingbob182; 06-14-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    what?

No one uses Gigmaster.com?

I get 80% of my leads from them, and I have booked from there.

It's $170/year. There is a 5% booking fee that you can pay on behalf of your clients or they can pay.

I get at least 3 leads a week from them.
    - jj -

Gigmasters is pretty lousy in my area. Most of the time, they don't even come up in searches for "Sacramento DJs", "Sacramento DJ", "Sacramento Weddings", or "Sacramento Wedding DJs". On those -- my own web site is getting plenty of hits and inquiries.

Back in the late 90's and early 00's -- Gigmasters rocked. That was before competition came along. They have become a dinosaur of web sites. I cancelled my subscription in 2004.
    DJMC is a Northern CA DJ who provides non-cheesy emcees/DJs for Sacramento weddings

cool - yeah here they are always in the top 3 of searches for wedding dj.
    - jj -

Never really considered Gigmasters... but just did a search and came up with the following:

Can't say I'm interested in paying the $200/year minimum... (Yes it's more expensive here.... $200 minimum to $400 for "pro")

Just being first page in Philadelphia is MAJOR FEAT in itself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sween View Post
    Never really considered Gigmasters... but just did a search and came up with the following:

Can't say I'm interested in paying the $200/year minimum... (Yes it's more expensive here.... $200 minimum to $400 for "pro")

Just being first page in Philadelphia is MAJOR FEAT in itself!!!
    Yeah we redid our site, and our rank just died. I think I was finally on page 2 as well

Got to work more on our SEO n stuff.
    - jj -

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj View Post
    Yeah we redid our site, and our rank just died. I think I was finally on page 2 as well

Got to work more on our SEO n stuff.
    Took me years to get to the first page in Philly...

Quote Originally Posted by Sween View Post
    Took me years to get to the first page in Philly...
    I'm tempted to move away from wordpress. It just doesn't give me the flexibility that I want to make it look how I want to - even with all the themes. I haven't built any webstructures since the invention of CSS though... so gonna be a huge learning curve, unless of course I find some simple program that makes CSS simple.
    - jj -