Thread: QSpot on Global Totem

QSpot on Global Totem

QSpot 260 on top of Global 12" box truss up on end (totem)

Do you need a top plate? Or can you mount the unit directly somehow?

Do I need a special clamp?

Anyone have photos?

I use top plates. They look better and are more secure. They aren't terribly expensive. No clamps. I've just been placing my movers on top with two safety cables.

Even on vertical towers I always bolt movers down. I run applied trussing, so Icant be of much help there Sween, but I use top plates that bolt directly to the truss. Then I bolt the movers to the top plates. You don't need any additional clamps.

I was planning on getting the top plates until I saw this photo.

Not a QSpot I know. And tough to see. But it didn't look like he had plates on there.

That's scary. No way in hell would I put my movers up like this.
    *Your Event Matters FaceBook * Your Event Matters Website * MixCloud Account*
    DJs Photography Photo Booth Rentals and Beauty services

Get the top plates, I sell them and they are cheap. Drill out the bolt pattern (minimum two bolts) and you're good to go. You can use the same Allen bolts used for the clamp brackets, but drill the holes larger and add a washer. Makes life simple.

Bill...out of curiosity, can you PM me a price for 2 top plates for the square global truss as well as 2 of the 30x30 base plates (the ones with the handle cut outs).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CQE DJs View Post
    Bill...out of curiosity, can you PM me a price for 2 top plates for the square global truss as well as 2 of the 30x30 base plates (the ones with the handle cut outs).

Thanks!
    +1 Bill.

2 Global Truss 6'5" square
    2 30x30 base plate
    2 top plates

Including shipping costs.

Thanx.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Please email me with your requests. Bill@entsyscorp.com The PM box fills up too fast and I can't save the quotes. Also, my quotation software saves a lot of typing.