Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calibrating Pitch Faders on Technics 1200mk2's

Quote Originally Posted by karcevgo View Post
    If I change the sliders, will I get it?
    No. New faders is never a bad thing, but you will still need to calibrate your turntable. The calibration method I use has been posted earlier in this thread, but there are other methods.
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

So do you agree that 0,5% pitch position difference on same m3ds decks is not normal? Should I try to calibrate this concrete pitch first, then try to change it for a new one? Thanks
    Last edited by karcevgo; 02-26-2016 at 08:26 AM.

No I do not agree, it is common for the pitches to be different. Calibrating your turntable (with or without a new fader) may fix it in the short term, but it is not guaranteed.
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

Also noticed that one turntable fluctuates pitch almost in 0,1%, while the other does only in 0,01%. What is the issue here and how to fix it?

changing pitch faders did not serve the solution. On TT is fluctuating in 0,10%, another is in 0,01%. What to change then?

There is probably nothing wrong with your turntables. The problem is you are looking at the Traktor screen and you are upset that the turntables are not the same. I don't think they are ever going to be. You need to use your ears and not your eyes. As long as the dots are standing still when your pitch control is at zero, you are pretty much good to go. Don't pay attention to the Traktor screen if the screen says they are fluctuating a little bit. Turntables have wow and flutter, the control vinyls are not perfect copies of each other, and the holes in the center of the control vinyls might be slightly off. All those things will effect how Traktor calculates the speed percentage of the turntables, so they are never going to read exactly the same unless you get extremely lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    There is probably nothing wrong with your turntables. The problem is you are looking at the Traktor screen and you are upset that the turntables are not the same. I don't think they are ever going to be. You need to use your ears and not your eyes. As long as the dots are standing still when your pitch control is at zero, you are pretty much good to go. Don't pay attention to the Traktor screen if the screen says they are fluctuating a little bit. Turntables have wow and flutter, the control vinyls are not perfect copies of each other, and the holes in the center of the control vinyls might be slightly off. All those things will effect how Traktor calculates the speed percentage of the turntables, so they are never going to read exactly the same unless you get extremely lucky.

Traktor is constantly calculating with algorithms the signal from your stylus struggling to try to guess the speed of your turntable, so it will show fluxuations or different TTs may vary.
    Your ears are the only thing that matters, and they judge sound well enough.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

yes. The fluctuation was caused by the timecode vinyl difference! But the question why the position on -4,0% on the first TT is -3,5% on the second one is still open.
    Last edited by karcevgo; 03-06-2016 at 04:48 PM.

You got two turntables, swap sides, swap control vinyls. Put on a real record, can you hear one going 10X faster? Most of us don't look at the % display on the screen. Quit looking at the Traktor display. Look at the dots on the strobe, if they look more or less the same, you don't have a problem.