Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Djing in Toronto, Canada

Djing in Toronto, Canada

Anyone familiar with the tech house scene in Toronto? I'm a producer and want to start djing my stuff more but I'm not sure which clubs are good for that genre...any advice would be awesome.
    Last edited by Hausgeist; 05-09-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: First post link.

Honestly, for a tech house DJ, Canada is the last place you wanna be. There probably ain't much of a house scene at all, let alone a dance/club scene at all hahaha.
    Your song on that website is awesome! A little simple, but good for mixing keep up the good work! And if you have any questions, feel free to message me. Good luck!
    Last edited by Buddy McKarthur; 05-09-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy McKarthur View Post
    Honestly, for a tech house DJ, Canada is the last place you wanna be. There probably ain't much of a house scene at all, let alone a dance/club scene at all.

And if you have any questions, feel free to message me. Good luck!
    This should be good.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy McKarthur View Post
    Honestly, for a tech house DJ, Canada is the last place you wanna be. There probably ain't much of a house scene at all, let alone a dance/club scene at all hahaha.
    lol - u have clearly never been to Canada before
    PROFESSIONAL UNEMPLOYED DJ
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATREON

Dude tech house is big-ish here Cobra, Guverment (well the side rooms), a FUCK TON of the lounges and clubs on King St W play alot of tech house. Hell we even have a tech house music festival coming here in june Theres deffinetly a scene for it man, gotta hit up the upscale venues, not much in the richmond/peter area for that, But King West bro....

Hell if you listen to z103.5 on a weekend at all hours of the morning, Pleasurekraft, Umek, Beltek, Stefano whatever his last name is....All on there bro
    Last edited by Tektonix; 05-09-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Tech house is quite huge in Toronto. A couple of rooms in Guvernment always play it, you've got Cobra, Footwork, and the awesome afterhours Comfort Zone.

As for actually DJing, connections, connections, connections, did I mention? CONNECTIONS. It's the only way. Make friends with promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tektonix View Post
    Dude tech house is big-ish here Cobra, Guverment (well the side rooms), a FUCK TON of the lounges and clubs on King St W play alot of tech house. Hell we even have a tech house music festival coming here in june Theres deffinetly a scene for it man, gotta hit up the upscale venues, not much in the richmond/peter area for that, But King West bro....

Hell if you listen to z103.5 on a weekend at all hours of the morning, Pleasurekraft, Umek, Beltek, Stefano whatever his last name is....All on there bro
    Stefano Noferini! Love him lol

Canada is home to a lot of big house producers, remixers, dj's and labels and our number one export is a mouse not too many of us like him but we are proud to have him. Tech house is played in a lot of clubs here big or small.

Sundays are industry nights in T.O and underground music thrives here all forms of tech house music tech, minimal tech, prog tech, latin tech, tech trance, tech dnb, etc........
    Last edited by Pineapple; 05-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/djdavepineda
    http://www.facebook.com/DJDavePineda
    www.sirupmusic.com

Awesome thanks everyone! I'll totally heed that advice and check out those places mentioned. Also thanks for the comments on the tracks

Quote Originally Posted by icebeat View Post
    Awesome thanks everyone! I'll totally heed that advice and check out those places mentioned. Also thanks for the comments on the tracks
    Word to the wise about Comfort Zone, keep your wits about you. It can seem like a really sketchy place if you're not used to dark underground spots with drugs visibly everywhere. But if you're cool with that and go with friends, it's an awesome time.