Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Soundcloud

Thumbs up The Next Soundcloud

http://next.soundcloud.com/

-A simpler, faster more social SoundCloud that helps music and audio creators like you share your sounds more easily than ever before.
    -The next SoundCloud Waveform puts your sounds at the forefront.. More visible, more interactive, and no more comment clutter! Read replies with a single scroll too.
    -Simpler, more attractive profiles bring the best things into view: sounds, sets, reposts and profile images. Likes and comments are more visible. See which of your friends are following people you find.
    -Share your sounds even more! New reposts let your friends, fans and followers repost your sounds for others to hear. And sets can be reposted in just the same way.

-Keep up-to-date the second something happens. When someone likes or reposts your sounds, you’ll see right away with new real-time notifications. Other people can see your activity in real-time too!
    -Press play and just keep listening! Explore the next SoundCloud while continuously listening to sounds from your Stream. Hit the Waveform button to return to the sound you’re hearing.
    -Forget playlists! Sets let you build collections of sounds you like in one Waveform. Share your sets with people, and like and repost other people’s sets too.
    -The next SoundCloud is even more intuitive. A simplified About section includes only the links you need. Notifications keep you informed. Keyboard shortcuts and volume control make life easier.
    -Find new sounds much faster with the new search too. Search suggestions now include both people and sounds. And improved search algorithms deliver more relevant results much faster.

Be heard everywhere. Sign up for our private Beta to try out the next SoundCloud and give regular feedback. We'll be adding more exciting features soon. --> https://soundcloud.com/connect?clien...tate=next-f5eu

Have to wait for an invite, but sounds cool

Only if this transition to what looks like HTML 5 doesn't bastardize Soundcloud the way it did Beatport...
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell | "Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by thehadgi View Post
    http://next.soundcloud.com/
    -Press play and just keep listening! Explore the next SoundCloud while continuously listening to sounds from your Stream. Hit the Waveform button to return to the sound you’re hearing.
    Good. Always thougt this was missing.
    Also like that but about the search suggestions. Hopefully a 'did you mean?' feature because I mis-spell artist and track names all the time and have trouble finding them.

I'm looking forward to this )
    what?

I just want them to get rid of the comments bullshit. When has that ever been useful?

Quote Originally Posted by l0ckd0wn View Post
    Only if this transition to what looks like HTML 5 doesn't bastardize Soundcloud the way it did Beatport...
    I like the new Beatport. I miss the Top 100 that each genre had. That was really cool to find classics and shit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Interracial Tea View Post
    I like the new Beatport. I miss the Top 100 that each genre had. That was really cool to find classics and shit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I has it's merits, and there are many, but I'm a multi-tab guy that wants to have multiple playlists and what ends up happening on the site now ends up having some strange behavior.

Either way soundcloud looks like it's going to be going through some good changes soon.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell | "Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I believe theres a way to disable comments

^^^^^^
    Yep, bottom right button on the waveform.
    http://soundcloud.com/lionman

I was gonna try the beta, but I figure I'll just wait a bit and see what others have to say. I think soundcloud is fine the way it is.
    Sometimes I like reading the comments, but on popular tracks its hella annoying...but you can disable them.

Quote Originally Posted by l0ckd0wn View Post
    say what? for me the flash version was all sorts of fucked up. prefer the HTML5 version by far.

anyway. singed up fot the beta
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

Quote Originally Posted by Interracial Tea View Post
    I just want them to get rid of the comments bullshit. When has that ever been useful?

top 100 current or top 100 all time? The current one is stil there. i also like the new beatport, i think it's easier to navigate and the search function actually works the first go.

wish soundcloud wasnt blocked at work or i'd log in and take a look.
    Live on Faderwave.com 600 to 800 pm Thursdays!
    Original Drum and Bass on Soundcloud --- Mixcloud Drum and Bass, House, Trance and More