Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How do you get shit done with lifes distractions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hygro View Post
    That's a value judgment, not a factual one.

I'm down with your advocation of mindfulness and, peacefulness and compassionate etc.
    You are correct. I suppose I was speaking from personal experience. I have been completely overmedicated, anti-anxiety, anti-depressent, anti-psychotic, anti-epileptic, and then a handfull of other medication and weird diets to combat the side effects of the first four medications. It was nuts. I don't need any of that stuff. And I see my friends in the same boat a lot of the time. It is part of American culture to want a "magic" solution for a mundane problem.

I want to see the data on how many synthetic opiates are produced in the USA versus the medical demand, after it has been adjusted to account for pill farms and the like... I bet that the companies KNOW they are overproducing a dangerously addictive drug and simply turn a blind eye because of the incredible profit margin from intentionally distributing an addictive substance. And the same goes for stimulants.

I'm a recovering addict/alcoholic so I'm probably coming from a different place than most of you...
    Last edited by Phi; 05-10-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Our concept of "self" is merely the transition from the potential energy in our body into the kinetic energy of your actions.