Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What happened to hip-hop DJing?

This thread is a great discussion.. Reminds me why i dont mix at bars anymore.. haha

I'll just leave this here.. crate diggin for samples for custom serato tracks
    (no audio til :30 ish)

Click here for mobile viewing.

I think people who want to do more than just blend songs are moving into controllerism. I think this is where the new hot talent will be found. Turntablism may be slowing down, but looping and fx related skills are increasing (hopefully)
    NEVIN
    http://www.facebook.com/nevinmusic
    Electro/Dubstep DJ and PRODUCER. Although i produce better than i DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Does anyone here relate to what I'm saying? Or am I wrong and maybe I'm just not listening to the right DJs?
    As a newish DJ I sort of agree, you have the majority of hip hop DJs sort of just blending and not doing anything really exciting. Ignore those people because you can still find great DJs out there who funk it up with trick mixing, scratching, juggling etc, maybe even catch them using vinyl records still! Let the boring DJs do their thing, but keep showing people how the right DJs sound.

As it stands now I just take this as an opportunity to buy vinyl records on the cheap while everyone runs to the store to buy their .