Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anything wrong with my RCFs?

I bought a pair of RCF 312a's last year, took them home from the shop, took them out of their boxes and heard something rattling around inside. I immediately took it back to the shop, there wasn't any rattling when i got it back to the shop though , however they removed the amp at the back and stuck to the back of the magnet was a pole screw that i hadn't even noticed was missing from the outside.

Now why someone thought to throw it inside rather than screw it into the thread i'll never know.

Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by wave180 View Post
    Update: IDJ refused to replace the speaker. They said I can use the speaker this weekend and call them back if something happens. They told me to try to call RCF if I can open the speaker without losing/affecting the warranty. I tried the speaker for few minutes at near clipping and it sounded fine.
    You should do what they said. Call RCF and tell them the situation, then pull the amp module out far enough to get the pole screw off the magnet. If it gets in the wrong spot it could damage something. You could also pull the woofer but either way do it very carefully.
    Mike Pyle
    www.audiopyle.com ~ Audio/Lighting Sales
    707-315-6204 ~ mike@audiopyle.com

Unless you are really bad with a screw driver or use the wrong size there is no way anybody can tell you were inside the speakers.

Another update, I called RCF last Wednesday and they gave me a go-signal to open it, they said it won't be a problem. The tech advised me to open the front (woofer). I found the screw/bolt attached to the hf driver; it took me about 8 minutes to do it.

The rep at IDJ said that I have one year warranty from RCF, but the RCF tech said it's three years. Anyway, I used the speakers twice already and I'm very impressed so far.

@SummitAudiodj, thanks bro and don't worry, I'm a tool junkie and member of gargejournal.com.

Quote Originally Posted by wave180 View Post
    Another update, I called RCF last Wednesday and they gave me a go-signal to open it, they said it won't be a problem. The tech advised me to open the front (woofer). I found the screw/bolt attached to the hf driver; it took me about 8 minutes to do it.

The rep at IDJ said that I have one year warranty from RCF, but the RCF tech said it's three years. Anyway, I used the speakers twice already and I'm very impressed so far.

@SummitAudiodj, thanks bro and don't worry, I'm a tool junkie and member of gargejournal.com.

RCF warranty is indeed 3 years.
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Poulin View Post
    RCF warranty is indeed 3 years.
    nice peace of mind. can't wait to get mine