Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything wrong with my RCFs?

Anything wrong with my RCFs?

I got a brand new pair of the RCF 312a from IDJNOW.COM, I didn't find pole screws at the bottom on both of them. And the other one had a rattling noise, then disappeared after turning the speaker upside and side-ways several times. I guess it went to the woofer's magnet??? I assume same thing happened to the other speaker.

I have 2 gigs this weekend so I'm hoping that IDJ can solve this issue within this week.

So what do you guys think? will this affect the performance of the speakers? I don't want to open them as I may void the warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Banned
    Rattling that went away when you tipped the speaker sideways? That sounds to me like there was a bot or something that'd come off inside the cab and the rattling might have gone because the bolt is magnetically stuck to the magnet of the driver so won't rattle anymore. Either i'd take or send it back and ask for a replacement.

Yeah, it went away after tipping sideways. That's what I thought-that the bolt is stuck to the magnet. It will be a simple fix by simply opening the box, but I'm afraid that I will void the warranty.

Best bet is to contact IDJNow and alert them to the problem to see what they can do to remedy the situation. Are you talking about the 4 screws that hold the pole mount in place? (maybe my 310As are different from the 312As)

Al
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Yeah I emailed them already and will call tomorrow. There's only one screw at the bottom to lock the speaker on the pole.

Quote Originally Posted by wave180 View Post
    Yeah I emailed them already and will call tomorrow. There's only one screw at the bottom to lock the speaker on the pole.
    Ah Ok.. The 310As don't have this feature.

Al
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Is there a spot for a pole screw or did they now make them like the 310's without a pole screw. My one 312 actually had the same screw rattling sound inside and it ended up being an extra screw rolling around. I would assume that it was dropped during assembly unkowingly.

I'd read the warranty to make sure that opening the speaker would void it. It's not a difficult thing to do and the magnet is a logical place for that screw to be.

Update: IDJ refused to replace the speaker. They said I can use the speaker this weekend and call them back if something happens. They told me to try to call RCF if I can open the speaker without losing/affecting the warranty. I tried the speaker for few minutes at near clipping and it sounded fine.

One thing I noticed with my brand new pair of RCFs. I got them last year but I consider them brand new still because I only used them on 2 gigs so far. That foam that came loose out of another posters RCF's is starting to show in the port hole on mine. It is not popping out at all like his was - but I can see it sticking out a bit when I look into the port hole (top port hole). I have had no rattling at all and no sound issues with them thus far. They kick out now just the way they did when the got here.
    Pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000 CD Players, Xone:92 Mixer. Pair of RCF-312A Loudspeakers and 1 RCF 4Pro 8003 18" Sub.