Thread: EDU on How To Book National/International Acts?

Question EDU on How To Book National/International Acts?

More or less, i'm just looking for someone who has experience in the subject and can discuss about it. Lately, in the St. Louis area (and i'm sure this goes for most other cities across the world), I've been noticing local DJs/producers taking the initiative to book larger and/or up-and-coming acts which are on a national/international level to local clubs and other venues in the area. This being said, it usually gets the local DJ/producer/"promotion collaboration" booking the larger act noticed amongst the other locals and they usually (on a collective level over time) gain more gigs themselves, opening, etc.

Obviously, I'm interested in doing this myself. Perhaps, not exactly with a big name DJ/Producer to book...but generally the "fresh" or "underground" act(s) of EDM which would be, perhaps, readily available IE: Le Castle Vania, Street Lurkin', DallasK, etc.

I have a "warehouse" style venue at my access (buddy owns it) along with a couple other connections. Just wondering the basics, the do's and dont's.
    Last edited by 01redrt; 05-02-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Do pay them what they are worth
    Don't NOT pay them what they are worth.

All else is in the details
    "It's better to give than to receive. Especially advice. "
    Mark Twain