Thread: Advice for a RLA-inspired crossover

Hybrid View

Yeah I guess buying more expensive components will help towards the performance - back when I was experimenting with filters and whatnot, it took me many months of going back and forth with various components to finally get it right.
    Shoot here -----------------> SoundCloud ________________________________ MixCloud________________ __________________YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Yeah I guess buying more expensive components will help towards the performance - back when I was experimenting with filters and whatnot, it took me many months of going back and forth with various components to finally get it right.
    I instantly swapped the transistor amp to the NE5534 one when I heard it.

The only downside was the headphone volume stopped working, I fixed this by wiring the pot after the preamp and now it works.

Those NE5534 cost 1,50€/pc, not too bad. I could cut the costs by fabricating my own PCBs but the stripboards were perfect dimension-wise.

With the same pinout I could test different opamps, like the Burr-Brown or TL071.

EDIT : after this preamp venture of mine I'm looking to rebuild the xover with my own designs for reference, I'll keep you informed!