Thread: Internet Weirdness on Feb 27, 2024

Internet Weirdness on Feb 27, 2024

There was general weirdness going on yesterday (2/27/24). In the end, admins and mods are basically waiting for the internet to fix itself.

It started in the afternoon (EST) when I went to check on DJF. It wouldn't load and resulted in this:

After seeing this, I tried to ping DJF and didn't get a response.

So then I reached out to our hosting service. They saw DJF just fine... and even sent proof from a variety of locations (CA, VA, Paris, etc.). I disengaged thinking it was just me.

Then I reached out to Dix to see what he could see. I'm on the east coast of the US, and he's in the mid-west. He couldn't load DJF either.

I re-engaged the hoster. As a test, the support person explicitly added my IP to DJF server's whitelist. I was able to load DJF afterwards. After being removed from the whitelist I could still load DJF, so I disengaged the hoster.

When I returned to Dix, hours later, we could both load DJF. While successful, we aren't satisfied that we or the hoster did anything to make this happen.

Still, a win is a win. So this post is being made to say that strange things are indeed afoot at the Circle K.

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

things are back to being most non-heinous.

Excellent!*

*plays air guitar
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Had no access for 48 hours, woah.

(Air guitar)
    SoundCloud ________________________________ MixCloud________________ __________________YouTube
    Dead or alive, you're coming with me