Thread: A couple of noob questions about Traktor )

A couple of noob questions about Traktor )

Hi folks, hope you are all well. After taking a long break from djing and selling all my dj rig i've decided to get back in dj game. Can't afford a fancy dj equipment therefore decided to go on a cheap . Am planing to spin on laptop by using a a Traktor pro3 by utilizing a secondhand 2ch dj mixer , audio interface and decks controller. Having prior experience with dj mixers, controllers and VDJ , i ain't got any about interfaces . I ve checked an NI website and found just Komplete Audio 2 and 6. As far as I understand by getting one of them I will be able to connect my dj mixer to traktor pro software and record my mixes in software..?? Is the cheapest Audio 2 will be enough for these purposes? Are there any cheaper options? Is a NI X1 controller will be sufficient for controlling 2 virtual traktor decks ? Hope some of you can shed some light.

TP3 can use any audio interface, so you should be covered with your existing interface - provided it has at least two stereo outputs (deck 1 and deck 2) to connect to your mixer.

The question is how you intend to control TP3's decks. As you mentioned wanting to go the controller route, there are many NI controllers that work great with TP3 - including the X1. And yes, the X1 can work 2 decks.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks for writing back, KLH. So komplete audio 2 will be well enough for my mixing needs and recording in Traktor? If positive, how should I connect my mixer to Komplete A2? Is Traktor Pro3 included when I purchase Komplete A2 or should I buy it separately? Another question that bothers me... can I adjust gain volume on traktor channels from mixer itself if I mix on a mixer with phono/ line inputs (no usb)?
    I will deffo go with X1 mk2. The cheapest plug and play option afaik.

So komplete audio 2 will be well enough for my mixing needs and recording in Traktor?
    After looking at the KA2, it doesn't provide two stereo outputs and inputs. Both the KA1 and KA2 provide two MONO inputs and outputs.
    Is Traktor Pro3 included when I purchase Komplete A2 or should I buy it separately?
    TP3 isn't included.
    can I adjust gain volume on traktor channels from mixer itself if I mix on a mixer with phono/ line inputs (no usb)?
    Yes - but the interface needs to support 2x Stereo inputs and 2x stereo outputs.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks pal, all clear now����