Thread: What is the djing software that offers the most advanced features ?

What is the djing software that offers the most advanced features ?

For you, what is the djing software that offers the most advanced features (customisation, parameters, compatbility with hardware, etc ...) ?
    Please tell me what djing software you use and what features you like the most ?
    thank

have you searched on youtube? plenty of comparison videos

Yes i searched ou youtube, but i want some real dj experiences about digital djing not only reviews.

IIRC, all the popular ones have trial versions. I'd suggest playing around with them and seeing what works for you... If you're going the controller route, THEN pick a controller that works with the DJ app.

The only feature that I've not seen across the board is elastic beat-grids. That's on everything BUT Traktor (the one I use, of course).
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by lbarasc View Post
    For you, what is the djing software that offers the most advanced features (customization, parameters, compatibility with hardware, etc ...)?
    Please tell me what djing software you use and what features you like the most.
    thank
    I would say it is between virtual DJ and Serato but I would give it to Virtual DJ.
    Serato has the image of being sort of club standard and benefits a lot from that but I don't think it really has a whole lot in it that virtual DJ doesn't.
    This may be a little controversial, but to me, there is no point in even mentioning any other software or standalone equipment in my humble opinion because if it doesn't have stems it is basically in the stone age now.

VDJ had the stems feature long before Serato, so until about a couple of months ago, it was definitely no question that virtual DJ was the most powerful, but now I believe it still is.
    it works with pretty much any hardware is very customizable, and has some nice video options and lighting control functions, nice auto mix options, really Nice custom buttons, custom skins, and interesting things like the event scheduler

my most used features are custom buttons that do all manner of things such as pitch lock, or filter by key bpm, etc.
    my most used plugin with Virtual DJ is a third-party plugin called telly media, which I use to play visual loops whenever I am playing non-video files.
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 03-18-2023 at 08:14 PM.

I'd say Virtual DJ.

There are also 2 DJ software that are less know but forgot their names. They also offer a lot of customization.
    I recommend using a search engine to find them.

Rekordbox and Traktor 3 is more compatible than Serato when it comes to hardware. Though you need a subscription with Rekordbox, you can use any hardware with both by midi mapping.
    Serato limits you to the hardware they allow https://serato.com/dj/hardware

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    The only feature that I've not seen across the board is elastic beat-grids. That's on everything BUT Traktor (the one I use, of course).
    Serato's shortcoming is no ability to preview/prelisten directly in the Library. No problem for a Club DJ - a significant problem for an open format DJ that takes requests, especially if you run a portable two deck controller.