Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White colored Speakers , yay or ney?

White colored Speakers , yay or ney?

It's been a bit of a thing lately, mobile DJs using white speakers.

im toying with the idea of getting a white system for weddings and such, but my mind changes regularly on whether i should or not.

those of you who already own a white sound system for a while now, what is your feedback, have you regrets? did it scuff up too easily and now look worse than a black system? or has it been all positive, enabling you to charge more or something? people commenting on how nice it looks? do your customers care?

evolve 50s is what im looking at, i already have a set of yamaha dbr12s & an 18" sub in black.
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 03-03-2023 at 06:16 AM.

I've only seen white speakers at weddings. Everything else has black speakers. I've always wondered why white speakers at weddings became a thing.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Wonder not, it's got to be the fault of wedding planners.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Since I'm not a wedding DJ.. TFWIW...
    But sure.. all black and all white are both classic looks. But the difference is that when you go with black, all the wires and accessories you have floating around tend to blend in.. when the theme is white, clutter is going to stick out. Everything needs to be pristine for a white setup to look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    Since I'm not a wedding DJ.. TFWIW...
    But sure.. all black and all white are both classic looks. But the difference is that when you go with black, all the wires and accessories you have floating around tend to blend in.. when the theme is white, clutter is going to stick out. Everything needs to be pristine for a white setup to look nice.
    Maybe somebody could try selling white (stretchy?) covers online for wedding DJs to cover their DJ speakers & speaker stands.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

They make 'em for the stands.. tho for the speakers you are considering it's moot.
    But yea, I mean, to get the full effect you'd want to have all-white gear too unless you have a surround big enough to hide it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    Maybe somebody could try selling white (stretchy?) covers online for wedding DJs to cover their DJ speakers & speaker stands.
    LOL... I hate the look of spandex tents on speaker stands... I think I'd rather have white speakers.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    LOL... I hate the look of spandex tents on speaker stands... I think I'd rather have white speakers.
    So you have white cords, white cables, and white speaker stands for those white speakers?
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    So you have white cords, white cables, and white speaker stands for those white speakers?
    Maybe that's why manufacturers make those limited edition white colored mixers?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    yea, iv gone off it too. but its hard to find an alernative to get a clean look, that is one of the reasons I want to get column speakers, I don't like looking at speaker tripods. mind you when the lights are down low and the party is underway you don't really see the stands anymore