Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range TTM-57sl in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    The Serato functions are unfortunately long dead for the 57. I dont know when Rane stopped supporting it, but its been several years for sure. Even the MK2 is no longer supported. https://serato.com/dj/hardware/rane-ttm57mkii. Im also picking up a Denon DS1 box to replace my SL3, so I'll be using that.

What boggles my mind is some Vestax gear is still supported. How that's possible is beyond me considering they've been defunct for years.

And Light, I feel your pain. Empaths are going for stupid money right now. I'd love to have one, but not at the current going rate.

The 57 I have my eye on is part of the Boxing day sale. My "go-to-guy" at the shop gave me a sneak peek of it. The thing is dead mint. Gonna wake up bright and early tomorrow to hopefully snatch it
    Sweet, post pix

For me, basically I already have more mixers than I need, including a DJM900NXS... I justified the purchase of that one because I needed it for rental gigs.. and I did maybe 3 gigs with it before the pandemic came.. and now I'm pretty nearly out of the rental game. Still have my systems but don't plan to use them except for myself and friend gigs. Actually the only justification I have to buy another mixer is that the 900 is sitting in our living room currently, and it's a bit too expensive to have around being rarely used with cats sitting on it and a kid playing with it.. so I thought it would be nice to have a smaller, simpler mixer in that spot.. but I didn't want to get a throwaway, but something quality I know I'll enjoy.. so I thought an Empath would be nice... I've played on one I know I like it. But the prices being what they are maybe I'll just get something like a Xone 22...

Good luck. I always liked the sound and feel of the Rane stuff. I think the 56 was pretty much my ideal mixer.

Got it!

It's in better condition than I originally thought. Not a scratch or ding anywhere, even the bottom.

Everything works fine too. However I can't test the Serato section as my laptop doesn't recognize it when I plug the USB in. Ho hum; I didn't buy it for that anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    Got it!
    After looking at it I kind of like it more than the 56. The Serato section makes the EQs more cramped. But having XLR outs instead of balanced TRS outs is a big enough plus to overlook losing real estate to the Serato section.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

I'd try downloaing an old driver and an older version of Serato.
    Besides the main reason for buying is that crrossfader sorcery.

Looking minty though.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Killer deal, congrats! I just came across a 56 for 200US, considering it...

/\/\/\

If that 56 is anywhere near the condition of my 57, that would be a smokin' deal too.
    That would be roughly $270 CAD - pretty sweet
    Last edited by Mark_Spit; 12-31-2022 at 03:23 PM.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,