Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range TTM-57sl in 2022?

Range TTM-57sl in 2022?

So my local music store has one of these in pristine condition for $250 which I think is a great price despite it being outdated and no longer supported.

I’ve been looking for a good backup mixer to give my PMC-37 a break from time to time and even though the 57 isn’t 3 channel it would still serve its purpose well I reckon.

The last few years I’ve really had my eyes set on an Empath, but I think my quest for that is dead in the water. A 57 in such good shape might be a decent runner-up.

What say you. DJF?
    Last edited by Mark_Spit; 12-23-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

It's a great mixer.. the EQ is smooth and it's built like a tank.

It had a hefty price tag iirc so not many people had them, I had a chance to play with it in a nightclub back in 2012 which had Technics SL-1200mk2's. A big thing with turntablists drooling over one.

I remember on the first night I couldn't get my Traktor working on time so I had to play from vinyl; it was a huge festival weekend, I was 250km from home and people everywhere so because of the traffic I was in a hurry. I got my Traktor up and running the next day though, I had 3 gigs booked there fri/sat/sun.

That said it's got nice phono preamps too. The faders and the contour are more suited towards scratching but I could beatmatch/mix with it alright. Didn't touch the crossfader though.

I didn't use the inbuilt SL box either.

Quote Originally Posted by efinque View Post
    That said it's got nice phono preamps too. The faders and the contour are more suited towards scratching but I could beatmatch/mix with it alright. Didn't touch the crossfader though.

I didn't use the inbuilt SL box either.
    Thx for the input!

I'm not a turntablist by any stretch, however I do play a good amount of Hip-Hop and R&B. What I mainly play is house, techno, and DnB, but I'm sure I'll be able to adapt to the faders like you mentioned. Would have been nice if they made a rotary kit for this thing.

250 is a solid deal.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    250 is a solid deal.
    Very cheap price in my opinion.
    Here's a 56 with three missing fader caps only in "good" condition that a GC in Albany is asking $350 for.
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/RA...r-117146382.gc
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

A great move from pm-37. Will be great for vinyl. Not sure how up to date they stayed on the software. I feel like there was a point a couple years back where it didnt support newer versions of Serato. I could be incorrect about that though. I think you need to be running the software to access all the effects.
    Also that is a great price. I have a pretty mint one I have been trying to sell at 450$. Guess its time to lower my hopes on that.

Quote Originally Posted by lburners View Post
    Also that is a great price. I have a pretty mint one I have been trying to sell at 450$. Guess its time to lower my hopes on that.
    $450 is a fair price if it's in "Excellent" condition but for a very niche buyer.
    Most digital DJs are going to want a used 62 or 72. A vinyl-only DJ is going to want a 56 or an Empath.

GC pricing of the 57...
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/search?...=RANE+TTM+57SL
    Good about $220 - $300
    Great about $315 - $400 (Although Queens, NY is trying to sell one for $420.)
    Excellent about $290 - $400

Quote Originally Posted by lburners View Post
    I feel like there was a point a couple years back where it didnt support newer versions of Serato. I could be incorrect about that though.
    My guess is the MK2 supports newer versions because I see they are going for over $600.
    Used RANE TTM57MK2 DJ Mixer
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/RA...r-117603643.gc
    Item Location: Guitar Center Boston
    Condition: Used - Great
    $799.99 Down from $1,299.99 Save: $500.00 (38%)

I too thought I would get myself a used Empath a while back.. figured that with digital djing having taken over, it would be pretty easy to get. Well NO. The prices are crazy. Well! I decided to let that go...

A TTM57 at that price is a great alternative, I would go for it if I were you.
    I just don't know if the serato interface will still work with the latest software... but as a mixer, sure.

The Serato functions are unfortunately long dead for the 57. I dont know when Rane stopped supporting it, but its been several years for sure. Even the MK2 is no longer supported. https://serato.com/dj/hardware/rane-ttm57mkii. Im also picking up a Denon DS1 box to replace my SL3, so I'll be using that.

What boggles my mind is some Vestax gear is still supported. How that's possible is beyond me considering they've been defunct for years.

And Light, I feel your pain. Empaths are going for stupid money right now. I'd love to have one, but not at the current going rate.

The 57 I have my eye on is part of the Boxing day sale. My "go-to-guy" at the shop gave me a sneak peek of it. The thing is dead mint. Gonna wake up bright and early tomorrow to hopefully snatch it