Thread: 'best' new DJ turntable 2022? (high-end, beatmatching)

'best' new DJ turntable 2022? (high-end, beatmatching)

Hello guys,
    Been a while since my last post but recently picked up DJ'ing again. The techno scene is now at a point I really, really, enjoy the music again and I just had to get into it again.
    However, I sold my Technics mk2s several years ago for good money just after they were discontinued.
    But I have been regretting that as of late. I picked up some Stanton T90s for cheap to scratch the urge and whilst I do really enjoy digging into my vinyl collection once again....
    Its just that.... these Stantons are not that great. Lets not delve into how and why. Just that I'm looking for something better.
    However, I can't seem to find any 'consensus (if thats even possible) in what is now a solid choice for a new DJ turntable?
    So what do I look for in a turntable? Great isolation, good tracking, proper tone-arm, solid build quality (like a tank). I don't need features like reverse or very high-torque. I don't use them for timecode/DVS. A proper, responsive pitch-fader is really important.

Talking about new stuff; what new available gear is any good now for a guy used to the old Mk2s? I hear mixed stories about all the obvious choices.
    I've searched on this forum a bit, but most posts are quite 'old' by now or focussed on turntablism.

1st choice would obviously be the Technics MK7s. But the overall build quality seems to be quite a step-down from the MK2. And this pains me, because the tank-like feeling of the mk2s is to me part of the appeal. Digital pitch is also apparently up for debate.
    2nd the Reloop RP7000mk2 seems a solid choice. Based on proven superOEM platform. However I hear mixed stories about how the pitch fader acts. I generally ride the pitch, and these are not that suitable for that from what I've heard>
    3rd would be the Pioneer PLX-1000. I haven't heard bad stories about them, but the price does feel very steep for a Hanpin superOEM variant....

Of course 2nd hand is an option. But purchasing clapped out decks that need god knows how much money in repairs also seems like a daft idea....

So let me hear your thoughts. Decks will really only be used at home in an analogue set-up.
    Last edited by Estacy; 12-22-2022 at 05:17 PM.
    'George Clinton meeting Kraftwerk in an elevator'

Go with the guaranteed performance of tech 1200s. Take your time and wait for a bedroom setup to show up. Tonearm in good shape and test them to make sure the pitch is smooth and doesnt wobble. I feel like I had one a while back where the tracking light would show the speed wasnt steady when adjusting the pitch.

update; bit the bullet and got a pair of refurbished M3Ds.... Well worth the money
    'George Clinton meeting Kraftwerk in an elevator'

Great choice Estacy And good to see you too!
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Estacy View Post
    update; bit the bullet and got a pair of refurbished M3Ds.... Well worth the money
    Great deck(s)! I've got 2 and am very content with my purchase. Gotta say though, one can't be too careful these days buying refurbs, unfortunately. There are more than one Y'Tube vids regarding this and so called "Frankenstein" 1200's with pieced together internals etc. not specific to the actual model and sub-par parts. Hopefully yours is not the case here. Nonetheless, there's plenty of legit decks around as well, so, by all means ...let the good times roll!