Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't decide which sub cross-over,80 or 120Hz?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    Read your manual. It will tell you if the pass throughs are high passed filtered or not. I don't have your manual, so I don't know.

80 to 120Hz isn't bass, it's midbass. It won't affect below 80Hz. Whether or not you'd prefer it is up to you to decide.
    Can't see anything about that in the manual here about whether if the pass throughs are high passed filtered or not.:
    Frequency response: 45 Hz- 120 Khz
    Max SPL: 130 dB
    Horizontal coverage angle: -
    Vertical coverage angle: -
    Compression driver: -
    Midrange: -
    Woofer: 12”, 76 mm voice coil
    INPUT SECTION
    Input signal (Impedance): bal/unbal
    Input/Output connector: stereo combo xlr-jack
    Input sensitivity: -2 dBu/+4 dBu
    PROCESSOR SECTION
    Crossover frequencies: 80/120 Hz
    Protections: thermal,RMS
    Limiter: limiter
    Controls: volume, phase, xover
    AMPLIFIER
    Power supply: switching 1000 Watt
    High frequencies: -
    Mid frequencies: -
    Low frequencies: D / 1000 Watt
    Cooling: convection/forced
    Connection: VDE connector IN/OUT
    Physical
    Height: 515 mm (20,27”)
    Width: 410 mm (16,14”)
    Depth: 550 mm (21,65”)
    Weight: 29,6 kg (65,25 lbs)
    Cabinet: baltic birch
    Hardware: -
    Handles: 2 on side
    Pole mount cap yes
    Thanks,Huck

The RCF does high pass the outputs, I think there's a button to enable that.
    You should use that option and leave the tops in full range.. unless there's a really good reason not to.

Have you tried my suggestions from earlier? (I may have missed a few messages I've been super busy).

As far as what external processor you would use, cheap processors are a dying breed since most of the people who used to buy them are going with powered speakers and using their built in processing. But I'll nose around and see what still exists and post later.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    The RCF does high pass the outputs, I think there's a button to enable that.
    You should use that option and leave the tops in full range.. unless there's a really good reason not to.

Have you tried my suggestions from earlier? (I may have missed a few messages I've been super busy).

As far as what external processor you would use, cheap processors are a dying breed since most of the people who used to buy them are going with powered speakers and using their built in processing. But I'll nose around and see what still exists and post later.
    Thanks...right now I am coming from my pre-amp Main outs> XLR >RCF inputs>x-over(120Hz)>DXR10 inputs (HPF is OFF),(DSP is OFF).Thanks,Huck