Hi, I'm a bit confused by my Google research....Would love some guidance please...

At home, I have 2 Technics 1210s connected to a mixer, connected to a very old large Technics Amp (also includes Radio/Tape...it's from the 1970's!), connected to 2 JPW speakers (no idea of watts...cost me about £150 for both 15 years ago).

I am considering ditching the Technics Amp unit (to save space) and replacing the speakers for something more modern and a bit louder (good enough for a group of 20 people at home...not looking at getting 'proper' large party speakers though).

I like the idea of buying speakers with amp built in (to reduce number of things I have on display and to keep things simple). I am not a connoisseur and don't need home studio quality set up.

Thoughts on whether that's a good idea, or whether I might regret it and should go for another amp?

Also, re the speakers, I want better than I have however I don't really know the quality of what I have so difficult to compare. So perhaps Monitor speakers with another bass to sound good if our front room has 20 people in it. I saw good reviews of KRK's Rokit 7 G4, and the Pioneer DJ VM 70. I suppose a bit worried I could buy them and be underwhelmed.

Any thoughts very welcome!

Cheers, Paul