I've been tossing around the Idea of setting up a little DJ mixing table just for my own fun at home. I'm 45, I used to play drums I listen to lots of music and have for a long time. since covid I got more into music again and got a TT coming, I'm sort of a part time audiophile and have a descent collection of cd's good knowledge of music. Fast hands, I also work as a sushi chef.

I just need a new hobby, I thought about getting drums again, but its been a long time and they can be loud...I've played around with some online beat makers a few times, pretty good at running 808 programs and bass synth tracks.

I already have some descent stereo equipment that I could probably rig into the system...IDK

I have the money and time and love of music, I think I have the skills to learn pretty quick. I often listen to music for 4-5 hours an evening, I have no family or kids. just work and go home.

just kinda wondering , need a push maybe...if all else I can still use the gear as my HI Fi for fun , just bedroom DJ.

what do ya'll think? is it something I should get into?

I have a power-amp with balanced inputs,speakers, nice headphones, CD player, Laptop. an audiophile TT, 300+ CD's , 50LP's.

need a nudge, help me convince myself.

thanks