Thread: Hi all of ya! I'm like 14 years old! (DFM member for 14 years that is!)

Hi all of ya! I'm like 14 years old! (DFM member for 14 years that is!)

Hi all of ya! I'm not new here. I'm fueledbymusic! I have not posted in a very long time. But I'm still alive and well.. I was here since before this site crashed. I first joined back around 2009 asking about amps and best subwoofers! I wound up with a QSC GX3 and Bill Fitzmaurice Tuba 24s. Been VERY HAPPY with them since then!
    I thought I can say Hi.

As of January 28, 2023. I still have all my DJ equipment. But have not used it in a very long time. I have the Numark ndx 500, American Audio MXR10, QSC GX3, DBX driverack PA, 4 BFM tuba 24s, EV ZLX 12p, and still have most of the lights I had since 2010s. For which the colorstrip minis, chauvet vue 4.1 and the lasers are my favorites.

I still have my set up in the garage, like I have for the last 13 years. I still love to use my set up here and there! Especially like on Halloween! Even though I next to never do gigs or anything, i find it difficult to want to sell my equipment, because I put a lot of dedication to building it up. And LOVE the BFM tubas I built to THIS DAY!

So, what has this member (me) been doing outside of these forums? I been posting videos of my life on youtube!! This is my hobby! But other things I love as a hobby, is exercising and keeping my shape. I love the 80s and 90s vintage items. I love riding my bike. I typically ride 10 to 20 miles on a session on the road bike which is just a Eurobike XC7000. Rode a total of 1200 miles on that bike since buying new in 2019.

I been battling anxiety and depression. posted several videos about it. Mostly how I deal with it. As of today, I'm not having much issue with depression anymore, because I found the cause, and was able to work on it and I fixed it! Anxiety on the other hand, I'm almost pin pointing the source of the problem and working to stop the anxiety as much as possible.

At this moment, I work in a distribution center. Driving a Raymond high reach lift. And my wife works as a social worker in a convalescent hospital. And my youtube is supplemental income.

OK, I hope all of ya are all good. Tellin ya. Oh BTW, my youtube is Life In the 80s (Gilbert)
    Last edited by fueledbymusic; 01-28-2023 at 10:47 PM.
    I am not a professional DJ. It's a backyard hobby I love! In the garage. Numark ndx-500, American Audio 10 mxr , 4 BFM tuba 24s, EV ZLX 12p's, Truss full of lights. I STILL have all my equipment as of January 2023!

Hi, thanks for sharing your story.

Getting older will certainly reduce the amount of time using DJ equipment, and affects most people I think. But if the passion for it remains, then its all good, I guess.
    I thought about those Tuba speakers myself...but with my DIY skills, it would be a miracle if I every made anything. So I'm a bit jealous.

Health problems are very common, and I know lots of people who have their own battles. I guess that comes with age as well - I have friends wh have eventually been diagnosed with health problems after years of troubles. Although I find it hard to understand myself (thankfully), I respect their fight to get better.
    Congratulations on getting better. It seems like you're doing great, but still have a while to go on your journey, so good luck.

Its funny that growing up in the 80s, I hated 80s music. But now I can't get enough. The 80s were great times to grow up. Hope the youtubing goes well.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Great to have you back! Those 80s videos really brought me back. Loved em.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...