Thread: What do you recon that what makes a certain music danceable in the clubs?

What do you recon that what makes a certain music danceable in the clubs?

Do you think it's more of about the sound or a technical side i.e. rhythm and arrangement etc. ?

it's about playing music people want to hear while mixing it w/ music they don't know they want to hear.

percussion and bass are what make music danceable

try taking it out and see what happens.

The rythm is the first thing, then the bass.
    When you dig some records (vinyl or digital), just few second of play (at the beginning and at the middle) and you know if this is danceable, no think, just feel it.

Rhythm before everything else. I used to drive my S.O. crazy when I was looking for tracks because I'd only play (sometimes) as little as 5-10 seconds of a track before rejecting it and moving on to the next. If the rhythm's not right, I can feel it from just a few seconds She'd want to hear more before making a decision. But we've been together for 11 years now and she totally gets it and hears when a track doesn't cut it as quickly as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
    it's about playing music people want to hear while mixing it w/ music they don't know they want to hear.
    Well said. Rep
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...