Thread: Alto Bluetooth

Alto Bluetooth

Looking at getting a Alto Bluetooth Total 2 or Ultimate but not sure which would suit me the best. I don't DJ but I do have a small set up that I use for home parties and friends and family to just stream music. It consists of these:

Pair of Yamaha DXR 10's
    QSC KSub
    Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer

All I want is to be able to stream music from my iPhone or iPad. I'd like the option of just using the bluetooth device plugged directly into one speaker or be able to plug into the mixer and run cables like normal. Out of the two devices which would you recommend? i think the Total 2 would be all I need but if there is a reason to go with the Ultimate then I will. I hardly use the KSub but like having it when I feel the need for it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Well, the Ultimate is Stereo, the Total isn't. I wouldn't get either one because the connector arrangement is an accident waiting to happen...

Something like this Klark Teknik DW-20BR would be better...
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...tooth-receiver

It is only Bluetooth 4.2 not the latest.. which I think is now 5.2, but does have AptX so if you have got devices that support AptX you should get pretty good sound from it.

And.. because it has both XLR and 1/4 inch outputs as well as a level control, you can use it direct with your speakers and sub without the mixer via XLR, or through the mixer via TRS cable.

Thanks, I will definitely go with the DW-20BR. I don't need anything fancy and the less complicating the better.