View Poll Results: How long have you been using your primary setup?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just started, so less than a year

0 0%
  • Between a year or two

1 10.00%
  • More than two years and less than five

0 0%
  • Five years or more

8 80.00%
  • I just play around. I don't have a primary setup

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long have you been using your primary setup?

I have a few mixers that I've hade for years that I rotate between. It's the players that I've replace the most frequently. I don't really need the latest and greatest. Currently I have the XDJ1000 Mk IIs and they have enough features for my style of DJing.

I've been using my core set-up of 3 1200's and a Vestax PMC-37 for about 20 years now. However, I have changed out my FX unit a couple of times (Kaoss Pad 2 to KP3+ which I no longer have and regret selling) and slowly transitioned to Serato and added an SL3 box (now obsolete just as we finally get Stems smh). And of course a laptop.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

well i have the old technics since 1996 LOL , still going strong. whats that , 24 years now?
    iv been through many other bits and bobs since though. I have a rane one now at home.

but I dont bother bringing the nice stuff to my gigs and have to deal with the anxiety of someone waving their beer over it.
    my workhorse is really a cheap controller, DDJ SB3 its on the way out now after a year of use, faders are giving up, so i just got a Rev-1 .... looks like ill be replacing those every year or so and im happy enough to do that ,because then i can get whatever new features are coming out.
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 10-11-2022 at 01:07 PM.

I hate to added up, but I started in 1976 with a Bozak rotary mixer and two Technics SL-1100A's. That's 46 years ago. I still use the Bozak, and still have the 1100's. Only reason I don't use the 1100's now is because I have a pair of SL-1200GLD's. But I switch up my setup and use the 1100's occasionally. I tried out CD's and controllers for a while, but always go back to the turntables and the Bozak. They got it right 46 years ago. Only thing I do different know is, I use Traktor instead of vinyl, but I sill have all my original vinyl.

I missed the vote, but It's been just shy of a year for my whole setup. I got a used Rane 62 in 2018 to use with my older Stanton STR-150s. I didn't treat those tone arms nicely as a college kid, so they have some baaad corrosion that I can't seem to clean + haven't been able to find in stock tone arm replacements when I have spare cash flow.

Tried to use phase, but it was such a let down in the early stages that I traded that in for Rane 12s. After a few months it was clear that the Rane 62's beta drivers for Windows 10 were buggy and I'd get some BAD audio dropouts with loud AF static....so I got the Pioneer DJM S11.

While I loved the Rane 12s, the platter would have spinning issues (going too fast or reverse all of a sudden) and the pitch on one of them glitched out here and there to be +2% at 0%...Rane support was kind of lame about it. So I returned them and got a pair of Denon DN-S6000m.

It's been just shy of 1 year for my whole set up now...I still have the Rane 62 and my Stantons, so if I ever want to spin vinyl just for fun, it's available (after some tender love from 99% alcohol & a q-tip in the tone arms).
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.