Thread: Mixed in key programs.

Mixed in key programs.

Hello everyone,
    I am using recordbox,
    Which program is really good for the key detection?
    I would like to use the program to match songs perfectly.

Thank you for the help.

Rekordbox does it. But you can't look at just the key and expect tracks to match perfectly. The key info is a.hint at best.. you have to listen to them.

Before Rekordbox I used Mixed In Key and I still use that, I have version 8.. think they are up to 10 now. And I still use it to tag and rename my tracks so that I can see that info when I'm not in Rekordbox. But again, it's just a hint, it doesn't always match perfectly. I never mix anything without listening to it first, it's the only way.

Thank you for your help mate!
    I will try my best to try by my self first

We've done this discussion before, the only way to reliably detect the key signature of a track is to manually check it yourself. No software gets it right all the time. If you do not play keys or guitar, get a chromatic tuner/ pitch pipe (around $25). The notes are printed above each slot, and you can hear the match when you get the right one.

Complicating matters is if you mix contemporary hip-hop or pop, when the key signature is often nebulous and not well defined (talking to you Drake, but also tracks like Bad Habit - the current #1 hip-hop track on Billboard). In these cases I get my best in key mixes by following the vocals, which are almost always in a precise key if you isolate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Germany1985 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am using recordbox,
    Which program is really good for the key detection?
    I would like to use the program to match songs perfectly.

Thank you for the help.
    No program will analyse key perfectly and no program will tell you for sure what does and doesn't fit together when harmonic mixing. When mixing in key you need to trust your ears, and only use the key detection in the software as a rough guide.

Meh, as I always say use your ears before relying on the little wheels for riding. Experimenting and tryouts is what computers can't do.
    Shoot here -----------------> SoundCloud ________________________________ MixCloud________________ __________________YouTube