Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RCF SUB 705-AS II Failures

Quote Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
    Hi Huck.

I'm quite sure that's correct. I am not in front of the speakers at the moment otherwise I would look, but if you gently prize (or slide?) a scredriver in that slot, it should pull out the fuse holder with the fuse in.

If your speakers are like mine, just make sure of one thing ... you may also have a spare fuse holder inside that little opening. Make sure you replace the fuse into the correct slot. I didn't. No wonder the speaker still didn't work.

Hope you are successful with this.
    Thanks...I managed to get the fuse holder out and it(fuse) seems good,plus there is another glass fuse just inside,but you have to take the module out to get at it..that one is good also.
    I think I have a power on and off switch problem as there seems to be an arcing sound just behind the switch. One time I tried powering on when module was out and all power on lights were working,so the main fuse is good. I need to get a hold of RCF to see who is the service depot for them in Canada to get the module checked out. Thanks,Huck
    Last edited by Huck50; 03-13-2023 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    You pry off the cover that hides the fuse.
    Thanks,I got the fuse out and it is good,but I think my ON/OFF switch is bad(arcing sound).Gonna have to send the module out.
    Does anyone know who the service center is for RCF in Canada?Thanks,Huck
    Last edited by Huck50; 03-13-2023 at 03:54 PM.

After some searching and digging around,I found AVL Media Group as being the distributors for RCF in Canada if anyone is interested, so hopefully I can get the unit repaired there.Thanks,Huck.