Thread: 12 years old begining

Question 12 years old begining

HI!,

I am writing here because my daughter got a Pioner ddj-200 for her birthday. We are now trying to find the best way and cheapest way to get good music tracks for her to begin learning. There is so many options and i am getting lost....

I want it to stay simple for her since she is gonna be using the Wedj sorftware on Ipad. I have been looking around and it hard to find the best user friendly way for her to get interresting tracks. I was told we could use our spotify membership account, but we found out afterward that it's not possible anymore since 2019. We are already paying a family membership with spotify. We also use to be able to buy tracks individualy on Itunes, but it seems we cant anymore.

ca you give us some advices please us please on what we should do?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Whitebear91; 05-30-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Hi, there is already a stickie list in the general forum: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...yl-Master-list

I used Amazon for the last few years I was buying music. All of my music was popular music though.

If you're looking for mixes & underground etc, then Amazon wont be much help. There are a bunch of good sources in the link Manu provided.

Good luck.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    I used Amazon for the last few years I was buying music. All of my music was popular music though.

If you're looking for mixes & underground etc, then Amazon wont be much help. There are a bunch of good sources in the link Manu provided.

Good luck.
    Thank you both of you ill go check the stickie and give a look at amazon

Downloading MP3s on Amazon is still possible but they've made it a complicated 11 step process do discourage it. Kids are really good at figuring this stuff out, but if you are stuck once the song is purchased you need to go to her music library, click songs, find the download button, and then maneuver out of the "get the app" screen to finally get Amazon to cough up the MP3.

I subscribe to DJ City, but still need Amazon at times as more and more artists are not making their stuff available in DJ pools. For example I had to resort to Amazon to get Big Energy - the biggest dance track of the year. Doja Cat is also not in pools. Your daughter will understand the significance of that one.