Thread: Beginner mix..

Beginner mix..

so nobody replied in the small questions thread lol so:

http://soundcloud.com/wilmmmm/april-12-blehmix
    Sorry, don't know how to embed.

wasn't feeling very well that day, so sorry for lack in quality of....everything lol so many slips haha.
    Done with VDJ7 and Vestax Typhoon that is sort of broken lol.
    Goal for this mix: enjoy and stay away from effects. Concentrate on track selection and try to avoid the "BPM search" when selecting my music.

Flame away!

edit: just noticed that day, I used 1 track twice -_- sorry. That's really annoying.
    Last edited by epik1; 04-24-2012 at 12:10 PM.

This should be posted in the mix submissions

I only listened to the first 30 min and jumped around the rest. Your transition to 99 Problems then to Like its Hot were decent but the rest sucked and were annoying. I think you should concentrate on your beatmatching a bit more that way your track selection will improve. Also you need to practice your timing when cueing in your next track.

By the way what the name of the song at around 47min?

Thanks for listening and the advice as well, I understand there's a lot of problems with this mix before I posted it lol I just thought I would post it anyways.

@ around 47 min is Electric Feel (Justice remix) - MGMT

I will move this over to mix submissions!

Not bad, I like the tracks. Tell you the truth is not super pro , didnt expect that but I like some for transitions. atleast you didnt hide your beatmatching skills like some lame DJ's with the scratching Whicky whichy whack scratching.

Thank you good sir, I don't claim to be even good enough to rock a dance floor lol. I've done a wedding, but I felt that was sort of a fail not only on my part but the reception didn't quite have a dancey feel lunch reception lol.

Like I said in my original post, my goal was to play tracks I like or whatever I felt like at the time, and to try to disregard the "BPM-trap".
    I have the ability to beat match coming from playing drums for 6-7 years now lol.

First mix didn't flow well in my opinion. I'm also not a hip-hop. The mix out of Electric Feel could have been way bomb, but it was definitely bad news. This mix is kind of long to get detailed feedback from people man. Keep on practicing!
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

1. To embed, [!soundcloud!] url here [!soundcloud/!] except take out the !.
    2. Also, this should be in the mix section
    3. songs are ehhhh, don't get me wrong alot of them are good but way to played out now a days, work on transitions.
    4. We were all there at some point don't be discouraged, I can see you have the will to mix long and alot of songs, you have potential. M.I.A was the sickes