Thread: Connect front filler speaker QSC CP12 with LD System Maui 11

Connect front filler speaker QSC CP12 with LD System Maui 11

Hello

I've currently a setup of

1 x QSC CP12
    2 x LD System Maui 11 g2

I would like to connect the QSC CP12 as an additional front filler.

The XLR (line input) on the top is connected directly with my Master 1 in my mixer

The XLR tline output) on the bottom is connected with the QSC CP 12 to the line input

Next to that I noticed I have to press choose Mono on my LD system Maui 11 to get sound on the QSC. Is that correct ?

QSC-CP12.jpgLDSystems11.jpgLDSystem.jpg

But when I switch to Mono I notice my LD system plays with less volume. Why ?

Is my setup done correctly ?

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Azand View Post
    The XLR (line input) on the top is connected directly with my Master 1 in my mixer
    What is the mixer and what cable are you using to make this connection?
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Hi

I use a Pioneer XDJ-XZ and using normal XLR’s

From reading the user manual it appears that they have made some interesting choices with the way routing is done for that line out jack on the Maui. So if you are connecting your controller the way I would expect.. L main out to one Maui and the R main out to the other, then yes you have to select mono on the unit that is connected to the QSC and then adjust levels on that Maui so that it matches the other.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    From reading the user manual it appears that they have made some interesting choices with the way routing is done for that line out jack on the Maui. So if you are connecting your controller the way I would expect.. L main out to one Maui and the R main out to the other, then yes you have to select mono on the unit that is connected to the QSC and then adjust levels on that Maui so that it matches the other.
    So that means
    Connect the left Maui from Line in Left to my mixer (Master 1 Left)
    LDIN.jpg
    Connect the right Maui from Line in Right to my mixer (Master 1 right)

Connect from one of the Maui's from System out
    LDOUT.jpg
    to QSC CP12 Line A in
    QSCIN.jpg
    Both Maui's can be put on stereo Mode ?

When ya think about it, the way they seem to be doing it makes perfect sense IF you are using just their product in a pair.
    They give you the option of connecting all your inputs to the left-hand speaker.. which would be in stereo mode. Then, the "System Out" is connected over to the right-hand speaker and.. I think you'd want to use the left input on that.. in stereo mode as well. But maybe, you'd want mono mode.. have to try it to see what matches better.

But anyway, the idea is that you could have let's say a mic plugged into the left hand unit and mix it with bluetooth or with other inputs, and everything would work.. the left signals would come out the left speaker, and the right signals out the right speaker, and the mono signals (eg the mic) would come out of both... Pretty sensible.

But the problem in your case is that this system has no way to get a mono signal from stereo without putting the whole system into mono. You want each LD speaker to output only left or only right, respectively.. but you want your QSC to output L+R...

But.. if you're not using the mic inputs or bluetooth on the Maui.. but just running them from your DJ mixer.. then what I suggest is as follows:

Put both Maui's into Mono, run your DJ mixer L to either input of the L Maui, R to the R.. then you need to run two cables.. from the System Out of BOTH Maui's.. to the two line inputs on the QSC (switch input #2 to line mode).. and mix them together equally there.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    When ya think about it, the way they seem to be doing it makes perfect sense IF you are using just their product in a pair.
    They give you the option of connecting all your inputs to the left-hand speaker.. which would be in stereo mode. Then, the "System Out" is connected over to the right-hand speaker and.. I think you'd want to use the left input on that.. in stereo mode as well. But maybe, you'd want mono mode.. have to try it to see what matches better.

But anyway, the idea is that you could have let's say a mic plugged into the left hand unit and mix it with bluetooth or with other inputs, and everything would work.. the left signals would come out the left speaker, and the right signals out the right speaker, and the mono signals (eg the mic) would come out of both... Pretty sensible.

But the problem in your case is that this system has no way to get a mono signal from stereo without putting the whole system into mono. You want each LD speaker to output only left or only right, respectively.. but you want your QSC to output L+R...

But.. if you're not using the mic inputs or bluetooth on the Maui.. but just running them from your DJ mixer.. then what I suggest is as follows:

Put both Maui's into Mono, run your DJ mixer L to either input of the L Maui, R to the R.. then you need to run two cables.. from the System Out of BOTH Maui's.. to the two line inputs on the QSC (switch input #2 to line mode).. and mix them together equally there.
    thanks! I will give it a try