Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some advice regarding GEAR

Talking Looking for some advice regarding GEAR

Hello everyone, so about 6 years ago, my wife bought me a brand new DDJ SX2 with an Oddysey flightcase that has been setup and just sitting there, I am too intimidated by it I have purchased a laptop (PC) just to use with it but I'm intimidated by it. I owe retail copies of both traktor and serato. My question is this, I was looking to get a Numark DJ2GO2 Touch just to learn the very basics but it looks like the basics include the increase and decrease of hi/lo/mid which I noticed the dj2go2 or the dj2go2 touch cannot do. Should I keep my DDJ SX2 or sell it and get something newer? Perhaps something that supports record box? What would be a good basic 2nd small controller to get right now? Like one up from the dj2go2 that will give me the hi/mid/low options??!??!! Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

If you are intimated by what you have, you will be intimated by more recent options. Keep the Pioneer, it's decent, read the manual, work on your skills and confidence will come along. I have no idea what you're afraid of, instead: Don't be afraid, have fun. Make mistakes? Learn from them, nobody is going to bite you in your own house.

Also, going from Serato with Traktor/Serator to Numark/dj2go would be a downgrade. Good luck.

If you leave the hi/mid/low knobs all in their middle positions (12 o'clock.. straight up) they will have no effect at all and it'll be the same as not having them. You don't have to use them at all starting out. But, you have to understand that if you buy a controller that does not have them.. it won't do anything special for you.. it's not like the simpler controller will actually take care of the eq (hi/mid/low) for you.. it will not.

So as Manu said, you might as well keep what you have. It's good.

Just watch YouTube tutorials to learn your basics.
    Your current equipment is great for beginners and is a professional quality controller that has room for you to grow with.

I would start with learning to beat match.

Beat Match BY EAR – Beat Matching Tutorial
    12:04
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Thank you everybody for the help! Off to watch the beatmatch by ear tutorial video.

Most important: have fun!

...end of the day, DJing is simple:

Pick a track, play it.
    While that track is playing, pick another track, get it ready to play on another deck.
    When one track is ending, start the next track.
    Repeat.

That's the gist of it, and you can learn that in a day or two.

Once you know how to do that.. then it's all about picking the right track to play (the most important thing) and how to mix it really well.. which will take a lot of practice.

Ok, so here is what I am looking to do. I have an M-Audio Conectiv USB card and also a Behringer UCA222 USB, neither can do what I want to do. Essentially I want to mix using VDJ on Windows 10 or Windows 11 software and I want to have a stereo out to headphones for queuing, stereo out to main (speakers) AND I want to also be able to stream my MAIN to twitch via OBS. I am looking for the lowest possible high-quality budget card that can do this for me. I want something newer that is fully supported in both Windows 10 & 11 as the M-Audio card is not supported at all even though it kind of works with the latest drivers. Please, any advice would greatly be appreciated. I need a card that is available in Canada and maybe even a link to it as I am ready to order ASAP.

I know this isn't exactly what you're asking..
    but you could just use Serato with your DDJ SX2..
    connect your headphones and speakers to the DDJ..
    then connect the outs of the DDJ to the inputs of the UCA22 that you already have..
    and select the UCA as your source in OBS...

And boom it should work.

I dont want to use my SX2 for this, I just want to be able to do VERY VERY VERY basic mixing on the PC via keyboard and mouse.
    I was told I need a 4in4out card for this with passthrough?? ANy suggestions? I really need to get this resolved ASAP