Thread: Taking apart a LS800P

Taking apart a LS800P

I have a Yokville LS800P that rattles like crazy. It sounds like something stuck inside (a screw?) that goes bonkers when the bass hits. The speaker seems fine, it really is something just stuck inside. Does anyone have any instructions on how to take apart the speaker? I've never opened one of these up before.

Thanks!

Place the speaker on it's back and remove the grill and then unbolt and remove the driver. Pay attention to how tight the bolts are around the driver, are any loose or missing? If so that could be the problem right there. The driver is heavy and will be a challenge to lift out, and the speaker cable won't be super long so you may have to perch the driver on the lip of the opening to disconnect it. Note which color cable goes to each terminal on the driver, it has to go back the same way. If you don't find any obvious foreign material in the box flip it over and remove the amp module, it's also pretty heavy so work cautiously, is there anything loose on the module? Post up some pictures of what you find.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Thanks!

I'll probably do this next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks again

The only thing I will add to conanski's excellent comment is - if you have never done this before, you keep one of your hand's between whatever tool you are using and the cone of the speaker, so when the tool slips, it hits YOU, and not the cone of the speaker.

I had some time today to take the subs apart. The one speaker that was making a lot of noise was a simple fix. I didn't even have to take it apart but only figured it out after I did. It was the pole mount at the top that was vibrating like crazy. I unscrewed it and found that the bottom of it has a separate piece which had come loose. I glued it and that should hold it in place.

The second one was just carelessness by the previous owner. At some point, the driver was unscrewed and was not screwed back in properly. All the screws were loose. I tightened them up and both subs are fine now! Thanks!!!