Thread: Bunch of specific questions (Serato DJ Pro, Virtual DJ, and Serato)

Bunch of specific questions (Serato DJ Pro, Virtual DJ, and Serato)

Did the DJ hustle a million years ago using CDJ's. Quit the hustle and want to get back in.

Looking at this controller - Pioneer DDJ-FLX6 4-Channel (https://www.guitarcenter.com/Pioneer...oaAskPEALw_wcB. I like the 4 channel option because it allows me more creativity. I still have to figure out the laptop I need to get, but it would be used exclusively for DJ-ing and nothing else. I won't need anything high end and just need a little more than the minimum requirements (unless someone thinks that's a bad idea?).

Right now I'm playing around with Virtual DJ on my computer and mouse with the 4 channel setup - https://drawpoo1970-blog.tumblr.com/...91741925376000

I read that the Pioneer DDJ-FLX6 4-Channel comes included with Serato DJ Pro.

My questions............

1 - Buy a controller from a reputable place (Guitar Center, etc), or on Facebook/Ebay or would those websites be risky?

2 - In using Serato DJ pro, will I be able to see all 4 channels at the same time?

3 - If the laptop I have doesn't have a strong soundcard, will that affect the sounds coming out of the speakers?

4 - Just in case I don't like the interface of Serato DJ pro, can I still use Virtual DJ with the DDJ-FLX6?

5 - If I can use Virtual DJ instead of Serato DJ pro when using the DDJ-FLX6, is it worth it then to buy the Pioneer DDJ-FLX6 since I won't use Serato? If it's not worth to buy, what would be a good recommendation for a 4 channel mixer to use with Virtual DJ?

6 - Perhaps this is very subjective, but what's the general recommendation, Serato or Virtual DJ (sound quality, ease of use, reliability/software crashes)?

I'm sure I'll have a bunch of follow up questions.

Thanks!
    Deep Soulful Underground Grooviness - www.youtube.com/laurentkm3

Hi, I'm going to move your thread to Digital Djing tools, you'll get more answers there.

As per 1, I would not touch Ebay and certainly not FaceAche, simply because if it (will) goes wrong you have zero product guarantee.

Thanks for moving in order to get more information.

And thanks for the feedback on Ebay and Facepain.

Much appreciated!!

1 - Buy a controller from a reputable place (Guitar Center, etc), or on Facebook/Ebay or would those websites be risky?
    Depends on your budget and how serious you are about djing.

2 - In using Serato DJ pro, will I be able to see all 4 channels at the same time?
    https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...-Display-Modes If your Serato DJ Pro hardware has 4 deck capability, you can switch between displaying 2 and 4 decks when in any of the above display modes. Toggle between 2 and 4 decks (when available).

3 - If the laptop I have doesn't have a strong soundcard, will that affect the sounds coming out of the speakers?
    Normally the soundcard used during djing is the soundcard of your controller. the most important thing about laptop specs is the processing speed and memory. based on your laptop budget, you wanna max it out because the software will beloading songs on the fly and processing them based on effects and mixes you do and so you want the fastest processing speed and large laptop memory.

4 - Just in case I don't like the interface of Serato DJ pro, can I still use Virtual DJ with the DDJ-FLX6?
    depends if virtual dj can support that hardware. looks like it does. See here: https://www.virtualdj.com/products/h...?brand=pioneer might need the VDJ pro package though. sounds like you might have it already?

5 - If I can use Virtual DJ instead of Serato DJ pro when using the DDJ-FLX6, is it worth it then to buy the Pioneer DDJ-FLX6 since I won't use Serato? If it's not worth to buy, what would be a good recommendation for a 4 channel mixer to use with Virtual DJ?
    Depends on your budget. There are nicer Pioneer 4 channel controllers like the XDJ-XZ: https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/product...lack/overview/ it is supported by VDJ as well

6 - Perhaps this is very subjective, but what's the general recommendation, Serato or Virtual DJ (sound quality, ease of use, reliability/software crashes)?
    Industry opinion is vdj is for boys, and serato is for men. I disagree. your call.

Very helpful. THANKS!!!!!!