Thread: Setup for 250 person wedding

Setup for 250 person wedding

I have a wedding coming up that is larger than my system can handle, so need to rent. Do you think I could pull off a 300 person capacity venue with 4 kw181s and 2 kw152s? It feel like have enough on the low end but do you think I should rent 2 more kw152s?
    twitter - @DJRiddim_
    facebook - https://www.facebook.com/DJRiddims?ref=hl
    youtube.com/vibes4321

What does your system consist of?

That KW system will definitely cover the dance floor but you may need a little more coverage for the far ends of the room during speaches and such, but just about any speaker will work for that so you could use some of your own gear.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    What does your system consist of?

That KW system will definitely cover the dance floor but you may need a little more coverage for the far ends of the room during speaches and such, but just about any speaker will work for that so you could use some of your own gear.
    I have 2 RCF HD12 tops and 2 EV ETX15sp subs.
    twitter - @DJRiddim_
    facebook - https://www.facebook.com/DJRiddims?ref=hl
    youtube.com/vibes4321

Use your RCFs for added coverage in the seating area. Where you put those speakers will depend on the shape of the room and your position in it. For really wide rooms you could simply aim them to the side from the DJ booth or place them along the same wall, but if the room is square they may have to go part way down the sides.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Four of those subs are plenty, you could get by with less.
    Two tops is also plenty so far as output, the issue is the horizontal dispersion being only 60 degrees. KW122 gives you a 75% conical coverage.. not ideal either, but if I was going to have one per side I'd choose that. Or, if a K12.2 is available that would be my choice in QSC.