Thread: Live Streaming Traktor Z2 + Vinyl Set

Live Streaming Traktor Z2 + Vinyl Set

Hello,

This made me a bit trouble in the last week and despite buying lot of jacks, cables, trs, trrs, converters, unfortunately it did not work. I have a Vinyl set and I use Traktor Z2 as a mixer.
    Through the RCA Output of Z2, I connected to a 3,5mm Aux adapter (TRS) and connected from TRS to TRRS with another 3.5mm converter. This converter goes to Iphone X via a lightning cable. And nothing happens. When I go live, still I have the sound from my monitors and no signal coming to my Iphone from the mixer.

I also tried with an Android device, but it did not work either. I have no idea how I can resolve this and wanted to ask if anyone has a recommendation.

I also have MicU Pro Drive 3 Audio Interface and you can also recommend if this device can make things easier.

Thanks
    Last edited by Retro Radio; 03-01-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Bear in mind, unless you are connecting a (supported!) DAC to your android or IOS device you will not be getting stereo stream output (cos they only take mono mic input on the phone's jack input).
    That being said, why are you dead set on using a android or IOS? I usually use an ancient laptop PC to stream from. It does the job much easier that messing around with Mic inputs on a phone.

As for setting up your streaming via a phone, we'd have to know which app you are using, if it supports input from Mic or DAC etc, then troubleshoot through it all.
    I can't guess what the issue is from what you have mentioned.
    Last edited by pete; 03-07-2022 at 08:31 AM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I never heard that an old windows device works for it and thank you for the suggestion. Hope I can use phone camera simultaneously with the windows device while streaming. I will check out how to do it.
    Also some people stream via IRig Stream Pro but this device also has no stereo output and does not makes sense.
    If you have any iOS App suggestion for mono streaming, I would like to know it. I had one but this is only working with Pioneer mixers.

This is resolved. I used a Macbook, OBS, Yellowduck, OBS Plugin for iOS, Scarlett 2i2 and it worked well finally. It is not possible to stereo-stream via Iphone, or too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Radio View Post
    This is resolved. I used a Macbook, OBS, Yellowduck, OBS Plugin for iOS, Scarlett 2i2 and it worked well finally. It is not possible to stereo-stream via Iphone, or too difficult.
    There's been multiple threads about the issue of stereo on phones. So far I've only seen one guy manufacturing a multiple cable adapter thing, but that thing was flawed by design of splitting signals to multiple devices, and potential short circuit issues. Obviously not even an option on most recent iPhones (no jack input or you need to plug yet another adapter)

Here's a pro tip: a 10 year old laptop works better than a new phone.