Thread: Numark NS6II: key change and external CDJ-s

Numark NS6II: key change and external CDJ-s

Hello Numark NS6II users,

1) Does NS6II have an option, to change the key (without changing the tempo)? Not necesseryly a key sync, but just to be able to change the key. Perhaps this could be added from the software? I'm not an owner of this awsome mixer yet, so I can't try that.

2) Am I right if I'm saying that with external CDJ-s connected to the mixer, there would be only volume, mids-highs-lows and a crossfader working, but the effects section would not work? Since I need to use CD-s, I can't really use time-code CD in that slot. Is there an option to use link out from CDJ-s to the laptop or NS6II mixer?

Thanks for answering!

1) shift to whatever key using the pitch fader. Engage ''keylock'' button. Put the pitch fader back to zero position. User manual (22)

2) FX control is explained in the user manual (42)

The manual:

__Yes Manu, thanks, the manual! Of course. So I checked that quickstart guide and read the full user manual (https://www.manua.ls/numark/ns6ii/manual?p=9). Your explanation is really logical and makes me want try that already out. I found another advice from user manual, "nr 27. Parameter ... If you have purchased the Serato Pitch N’ Time expansion, pressing and holding Shift and then pressing these buttons will adjust the Key of the current track down (<) or up (>)."

__But on the topic of external CDJ-s, I haven't found nothing so far. Whitch parts of the mixer would be working if they are simply connected through "line in"? Are there some other options? I'd be glad to read on that ...if anyone knows?

But maybe I'm just over-thinking.

Yeah I think you are Usually, if it isn't described in the manual, then it doesn't exist. Looks like it works like a regular mixer with inputs plugged in.