Thread: Numark M6 usb with serato

Numark M6 usb with serato

hi there

i recently discovered that my Numark m6 usb mixer will work via usb with Mixxx and time code vinyl for DVS mixing, my problem is i already have Serato with my Numark controller and would like to go back that to combine the conroller and DVS.

If I pay to upgrade Serato pro to DVS will i still simply be able to use the Numark M6 usb as the interface or will Serato not recognize it?

would appreciate any advice

thanks

In the past I know Serato has only worked with Serato certified hardware, either with controllers and soundcard integrated mixers.

They keep the DVS side pretty locked down, because that is where they make their money. To the extent that the Serato DVS software is freely distributed - however Serato DVS hardware works as a key to unlock the DVS features of the software.

I don't think your cheap mixer will be "certified" to work with Serato as DVS - otherwise it would cost about 3 times as much, and it would be clearly stated on the specifications - you wouldn't be asking this question.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    In the past I know Serato has only worked with Serato certified hardware, either with controllers and soundcard integrated mixers.

They keep the DVS side pretty locked down, because that is where they make their money. To the extent that the Serato DVS software is freely distributed - however Serato DVS hardware works as a key to unlock the DVS features of the software.

I don't think your cheap mixer will be "certified" to work with Serato as DVS - otherwise it would cost about 3 times as much, and it would be clearly stated on the specifications - you wouldn't be asking this question.
    Hi

Thanks for your reply, i did think that would be the case but thought id put it out there just in case on the off chance.

thank again