Thread: New kit needed for playing both real and digital vinyl

New kit needed for playing both real and digital vinyl

Hi all,

I DJed a bit during the late 90s and early 00s, but old all my hardware in order to become a grownup. In a typical midlife crisis moment I have now decided to buy some new decks to play my old records.

I’m looking at the new 1200 mk7s, but I realise that whilst I’ll be able to play all my old vinyl, they don’t really put much new music out on vinyl, so I’m ideally wanting some way to play digital music through them, if that’s the correct term?

I know I’ll need some kind of software, and some kind of “virtual vinyl” – but other than that I’m clueless. So … any advice on what kind of basic mixer I will need to play both real and virtual vinyl, and what software package and additional kit I’ll need to be able to mix digital tracks into physical ones.

Any advice appreciated, and apologies if this is in the wrong thread!

Cheers
    Jim

u basically need a dvs system. you can either use serato or virtual dj. serato is the "industry standard", but i use both. i would personally buy one of the mixers in this opage that unlock serato and then u can use the "thru" mode to play regular vinyl: https://serato.com/dj/pro/expansions/dvs