Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 55 of 55

Thread: Looking for a more refined sound from my Yamaha DXR10 powered,mainly top end.

  1. #51
    Does it do the same thing with other tracks? If not the track is the problem.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    Does it do the same thing with other tracks? If not the track is the problem.
    It's weird,but when I play a well mastered recording(Bob Bromberg),the upper frequencies,especially the very upper piano notes sound perfect,but with a not so good mastered recording(Godsmack,Megadeth)),I get a lot of buzzing and scraping noises,especially on the upper electric guitar parts,althougth 90% of the material sounds good,some upper material really gets my tweeters 'excited',so not sure if my tweeters are going out (again?).These speakers seem to sound better when the volume is turned up, but this also makes any 'bad' part(upper end) more noticeable.Thanks,H50
    Last edited by Huck50; 03-02-2022 at 07:58 AM.

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck50 View Post
    I have both the irritating parts of the track that create the buzzing and it occurs on the same spot whether it's on the CD version or streaming
    That means it's in the recording and there is nothing you can do about it. This is not unusual especially with modern "popular" music genres, there have been some truely horrible sounding releases over the years.
    Last edited by conanski; 03-02-2022 at 08:30 AM.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

  4. #54
    BanHammer™ Manu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    9,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck50 View Post
    It's weird,but when I play a well mastered recording(Bob Bromberg),the upper frequencies,especially the very upper piano notes sound perfect,but with a not so good mastered recording(Godsmack,Megadeth)),I get a lot of buzzing and scraping noises,especially on the upper electric guitar parts,althougth 90% of the material sounds good,some upper material really gets my tweeters 'excited',so not sure if my tweeters are going out (again?).These speakers seem to sound better when the volume is turned up, but this also makes any 'bad' part(upper end) more noticeable.Thanks,H50
    Hey long time Megadeth fan here (have entire discography and then some ). All I have to say is, I have noticed when listening to heavy metal music altogether, that any compromise in sound quality will sound, well,.... Bad. It even highlights MP3 limitations, because it usually is such a wall of sound sometimes going on that the format simply cannot cope.

    If you have Megadeth's Dystopia, run some tests on that as they achieved some super sound quality and mastering on the album. I don't experience any of your issues over here on my own sound systems, so I would say it's definitely something somewhere in yours. Generally, expecting hifi quality from run of the mill PA speakers is not going to happen, you will always hear some colouration here or there.
    Last edited by Manu; 03-02-2022 at 10:13 AM.

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    177

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Hey long time Megadeth fan here (have entire discography and then some ). All I have to say is, I have noticed when listening to heavy metal music altogether, that any compromise in sound quality will sound, well,.... Bad. It even highlights MP3 limitations, because it usually is such a wall of sound sometimes going on that the format simply cannot cope.

    If you have Megadeth's Dystopia, run some tests on that as they achieved some super sound quality and mastering on the album. I don't experience any of your issues over here on my own sound systems, so I would say it's definitely something somewhere in yours. Generally, expecting hifi quality from run of the mill PA speakers is not going to happen, you will always hear some colouration here or there.
    I have Dystopia and I will listen tonight during my nightly heavy listening session.Remastered "Youthanasia" sounds better to me than the original (I have both).Four tracks on Youthanasia I can't get enough of..Addicted to Chaos,Blood of Heroes,A Tout Le Monde,Absolution(Demo)...wife keeps asking me what tune I am humming or whistling...'Blood of Heroes'...something about the hooks on that track and the other three that get to me.
    Lots of low end on Absolution(demo).
    I just listened to Dystopia and to be honest,I could not listen to it cranked up like I could with the remaster (2004)of Youthanasia.
    My usual volume is around 67-68 on my P6,but I could only go around 26-27 when listening to Dystopia...just didn't sound good cranked up,but that's just me.H50
    Last edited by Huck50; 03-02-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
a