Thread: Traktor Pro 3 and Pioneer/Rane mixers

Traktor Pro 3 and Pioneer/Rane mixers

What's up everyone. if there is a thread about this already, I apologize.
    I'm a never say never guy and I have been using Traktor since 2014/15. I would hate to leave it, However I'm branching out further with djing and I see that ALOT of clubs in the US utilize Pioneer and Rane Mixers. Is there any way to map these controllers using Traktor? Currently i'm on 3.5 with the offline beatsource locker update. It is what is....if I have to switch back to Serato, I'll figure out a way to do it. just wanted to get some other opinions about this. Thanks for the input! Keep spinning!

I'm an avid Traktor user probably for about the same amount of time.

If you're looking to control Traktor - meaning having mixing done in Traktor and the mixer becomes a controller - then I'm not aware that a Pioneer or Rane mixer that will do that.

What the mixers can do is use Traktor as a sound source and mix the outputs accordingly. Traktor calls this externally mixing and requires a sound interface with 2 to 4 stereo outputs.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Makes sense. I just tried this with my Z2. I have an A6 also. basically switched the connections around to mimic being into external mode, like a stand alone mixer. once I got the buffer size correct it worked. just had to use the keyboard for fx and que points. the good thing about the pioneer series is that even in external mode you can use fx. I really only use the echo so......it's possible. I would just have to have my soundcard with me. easier than carrying my Z2 with me.