Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Easy dmx contoller for spider lights?

Quote Originally Posted by fabchef View Post
    Wow! Cool setup. That program sounds interesting, and kind of what i was thinking...that it would be smart enough to be in sync with the beat of the music. So if the lights are going along with a song and all pf a sudden it cuts to another song but with a quicker tempo, does it detect it and change speed to go with the song?
    I will try once more to work with the controller i have but i can see now that it takes time.
    I'm impressed at how these basic spider lights do a great job at moving with the beat of the music, quite intuitive.
    Fab
    I use Virtual DJ to play my music. It connects to Sound Switch to provide the beat. In SS I can run the lights 2 ways, with custom autoscripts the software will build for a song, or with default autoloops that control the lights, both run to the beat of the music, and you can modify both. If I play a song on deck one with Virtual DJ that has an autoscript, and cut to a song on deck 2 with no autoscript, then the autoloop will take over. Or if I don't want the lights doing anything I can set a static scene in SS that will exist until I turn it off.

You do need something to provide the midi signal to SS, I use Virtual DJ to do that, there are other ways to accomplish that, but I am not versed in them.

Cool, thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
    Fab

So I'm curious... if we were back in the 90's in the dance clubs...how where the lights connected? Was dmx out at that time? I know older lights had the pin connectors, right? What kind of lighting consoles did they use back then?
    Thanks
    Fab

Quote Originally Posted by fabchef View Post
    So I'm curious... if we were back in the 90's in the dance clubs...how where the lights connected? Was dmx out at that time? I know older lights had the pin connectors, right? What kind of lighting consoles did they use back then?
    Thanks
    Fab
    No idea, where are you going with this?