Thread: allen & heath Xone PX5

Talking allen & heath Xone PX5

Hi everyone, new in the forum first time posting

I just bought a Xone Px5. I don't have cd players so I have't use it analog yet. I have play yesterday with Traktor 3 using the sound card and sounds great but The Eq should be full 100% kill of the frequencies when turning all to the left for any reason its not killing the whole frequency any of the channels is this because of the Sound card and not using as analog connection or I am missing something here?

Please any feedback will be really appreciate it

Thanks in Advance,
    Jere

Hello

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/AP...USER_GUIDE.pdf

Page 29.

The Xone: PX5 has the ability to send and receive MIDI and features a total of 51 MIDI enabled
    controls;
    39 buttons/switches, 5 Faders and 7 rotary controls, that can be assigned to enable control of
    various parameters in DJ performance software, or DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) applications.
    Being that your EQs are a total of 15 rotary controls, and if you read the further pages, it aint included in MIDI controls....

the answer looks like a big NOPEYDOPE.

I agree with your logic ... it should be included, and the fact that it is missing is very annoying.

If you wanna make use of EQ, you will need an external soundcard or external inputs. Or alternatively a midi controller to map to the EQ in your DAW (hint - even your phone can work as this when connected via USB )
    Last edited by pete; 09-27-2021 at 12:01 PM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Hello

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/AP...USER_GUIDE.pdf

Page 29.

Being that your EQs are a total of 15 rotary controls, and if you read the further pages, it aint included in MIDI controls....

the answer looks like a big NOPEYDOPE.

I agree with your logic ... it should be included, and the fact that it is missing is very annoying.

If you wanna make use of EQ, you will need an external soundcard or external inputs. Or alternatively a midi controller to map to the EQ in your DAW (hint - even your phone can work as this when connected via USB )

So if I understood correctly, only works when use as analog with external decks stand alone, and if it's used with original soundcard from mixer it won't? I was thinking that maybe inside of traktor preferences I can change the settings to Iso and that will probably allow me to change the eq to full kill

Quote Originally Posted by Zenreik View Post
    So if I understood correctly, only works when use as analog with external decks stand alone, and if it's used with original soundcard from mixer it won't? I was thinking that maybe inside of traktor preferences I can change the settings to Iso and that will probably allow me to change the eq to full kill
    Traktor will input the sound from your computer into your mixer via USB digital. In an ideal world it should convert to analogue to your channels and you should be able to use the EQ and hear the difference. You have stated this is not the case. I don't have your mixer (or any Allen&Heath for that matter...), so I can only go on what you are stating. You could test it some more.

You have EQ also in Traktor. I can tell that the MIDI function which will control the EQ in Traktor, does not seem to be supported. Changing to Iso will not change the MIDI function. It is MIDI that allows the communication between the mixer and software to alter controls on from the mixer and affect the software.

So if you had an external soundcard and that inputted analogue into the mixer, then, yes, you could use the mixer EQ. Same as using turntables or CD players.

I would suggest doing some more tests and reading the manual thoroughly. Following a logical method will answer your questions.

Simple tests to do:
    Plug in your phone via 3.5mm to RCA jacks to your mixer and run a sound frequency sweep from youtube playing with the EQ on your mixer.
    Compare to using a filter sweep from your PC via USB to your mixer or even a track playing on Traktor. If the mixer EQ does nothing ... then the mixer EQ does nothing when using the mixer's soundcard.
    Test Traktor's EQ with your mouse. Does it work? It should. But it won't really help you unless you map a MIDI controller or even your phone to manipulate the software.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix