Thread: I am Tanner Hornsby. The Greatest DJ of All Time.

I am Tanner Hornsby. The Greatest DJ of All Time.

I decided to start learning how to DJ today. I will release my first track in one week. I will get my first gig in one month. And I will get on the radio in one year. But I want to learn as much as possible first so my shit sounds nice. I’m 19 and in Chicago/Dallas depending on the time of year. Comment on this if you want to network with me and start something great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now this is going to historical! Go get yours Tanner Hornsby!

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

wait.....not THE Tanner Hornsby???!!!

A true legend, destined for greatness.

Loved that track you did back in the day with "the range".

Let us mark the day when your post landed here, with an annual celebration of all things Tanner ... and bask in your light, gradually stimulating our melanin.
    Last edited by pete; 09-20-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

These are beautiful responses I will remember you guys when I am playing in front of 60 preteens at my cousin’s bar mitzvah

Quote Originally Posted by tannerhornsby View Post
    ... I will remember you guys when I am playing in front of 60 preteens at my cousin’s bar mitzvah
    You're going to be just fine. Record all your practice sessions and listen to them afterwards. You'll accelerate your skills!
    -KLH
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    You're going to be just fine. Record all your practice sessions and listen to them afterwards. You'll accelerate your skills!
    That’s smart! U have any suggestions on booking ur first gig/finding the scene in your city? I live in Chicago btw.

Quote Originally Posted by tannerhornsby View Post
    U have any suggestions on booking ur first gig/finding the scene in your city? I live in Chicago btw.
    That's putting the cart in front of the horse. Practice your skills and you'll have time to discover the scene in your city. Knowing the scene will help you identify opportunities while continually practicing will enable you to be ready for them.

Start thinking about how to handle unexpected scenarios while you're performing. Try to avoid having single points of failure without backup plans.
    -KLH